Sorry state of affair for Uniques

This is a computer game and nothing is going to happen if the devs do nothing except people being unhappy.
But in real life I don’t monitor life threatening clearly identified problems, I fix them. Bad things happen when you watch , monitor and basically screw around.
In general monitoring says I am not sure if there is a problem or I don’t know how to fix it.
There is a problem . At least we should be talking about how to fix it.

I use Black River for the aspect… but man, it sucks because of its affixes.

I don’t want to see tempering on uniques, that should be left to legendaries where the stats inherently can vary on each item. Uniques should lean more into them having an exciting unique stat that modifies a skill and allows you do play differently, and then if needed, juice up the stats on the item to higher values or more useful stats. Too many weapons especially have uncompetitive unique affixes and their stats are also undesirable. Many don’t even come with main stat and have too many conditional affixes for example.

At the end of the day though, they have to be careful not to overbuff uniques so that they don’t just become BiS everywhere, as then the whole tempering system goes to waste. Better to have uniques be underperforming than to have them too strong. At least this way they can evaluate and make small changes to get them in a better spot.

Give me an uber unique of Vampire Gaze with life leech and resource leech.

1 Like

Uniques being able to get 5 greater affixes might be the way to go.

I managed to get a 4x Greater Affix Azurewrath on Day 1 after the patch on Eternal, which is awesome, but it might just be better to spice it up all the way and boost the implicit unique effect as well and just make it a 5 Star Primo item. My 2 cents.

I got my uber grandfather yesterday. The alchemist clearly states 5 affixes applied to this weapon. In only has 3. Some have said the indestructible is hidden that would make 4. But with the 5 i can make with the 3 base affixes plus the 2 i can add, my current axe is way better. It was a 40k drop in dps from 111k to 72 k. Just seems if i work to get the 4 sparks and make it shouldnt it be special? Not an uber letdown?
Some people were saying the 35 to crit above line counds as one too, but if you count that then my axe has 6 affixes. Im not asking for ground breaking, but it shouldnt be a bust. They definitely need to have 5 like it said they would!

I cant speak for everyone else, but my necro will always have the malignant unique ring. Temper or no temper. There is no other way I know of to get auto casts for raise skeletons, auto corpse bomb AND auto corpse tendrils. Like you said, its a trade off.

Its interesting to me that not long ago players were complaining that bad rng on unique drops were holding back their builds. Now that there other options players still complain. Blizzard is D if they do and D if they dont.

well thats inaccurate. many builds still use uniques. you just wont see many builds that are sporting 5-8 uniques anymore, like some of the silly builds in previous seasons. uniques are still viable and able to be built around. they shouldnt be able to be tempered, they have good stat affixes that already make them on par with legendaries…for example damage reduction. only place you see it anymore is on uniques.

grandfather requires you to build your char a little differently. because it doubles your crit damage stat, you stack crit damage everywhere. paragon board, gear, tempering…everywhere. if you gear properly, nothing compares to grandfather. it is a huge damage boost

Lilith forbid they add tempers to Unique’s and people brick them.
Lilith forbid you have options and people don’t complain.
Lilith forbid people don’t get it easy at all times.

Did I summon her yet.