Sorcerer season 5

well, originally i already joined the band of skipping season 5 in a thread here after totally fade up with the PTR.
then comes with these sorc buffing patch notes and it looks not bad at all. so i excused myself from the boycott.
its pretty straightforward thing: dull and repetitive = skip ; innovative and adjusted = give it a try.

None of the classes, not even barb, should have to depend on uniques to make them work. Uniques should accent the build, not define it.

The core design philosophy of Diablo 4 is bad, because it’s more reliant on gear than actual skills. This is where it differs from Diablo 2, or even Last Epoch.

Both of those games are skill based. The gear accentuates, but does not define. Of course in D2 you can break the game and end up with like +19 to skills if you build correctly, but you have to work for a very long amount of time if you’re not spending real money on a shady botter website to buy gear, instead of just farming helltides for a day or two.

The devs seem to be becoming resistant to the fact that people are not happy with the way they balance the game. I really had hoped with Loot Reborn, they’d move away from the “build defining loot” and move towards the accenting of builds, as I described above.

Diablo 4 will never be properly balanced for all classes because of the inherent deficiencies in relying totally on gear to build a character. There are too many variables for the developers to look at every interaction feasibly, even with AI assist.

They can adjust numbers, and do regularly, but the game will never be in a spot where every class has at least 4-5 builds they can do, because of these deficiencies.

This is the core problem with Diablo 4. I was thinking about this last night, and it seems very apparent and easily seen once you see it. But once you see it, you’ll never unsee it.

This game will never be what will make the majority of fans happy because of these deficiencies, either. Someone will always be getting the short end of the stick.

I’ll enjoy the expansions for the story, or at least this coming expansion because Mephisto is my uncle, but as I’ve said previously, I know for me, I’m not spending anymore money on the game in terms of battle passes.

And there’s no guarantee I’ll get any more expansions. I’m just locked into this one because they committed a breach of contract and will not refund the expansion to anyone.

3 Likes

I havent logged in for about a month now, been having a ball playing sorc on Last Epoch, actually feel poweful and not even hit end game yet - I dont mind Barb, but i didnt buy D4 to play just barb season after season. So ill be staying away until they decide to give more time to balancing and making all content achievable (i dont mind a hard slog to get there).
(And before anyone comes at me going on about the Firekuna build, this was only truly achievable by a few, not the many, plus its bugged to oblivion, we all knew it was gonna be nerfed and therefore in my eyes, was never a long term viable build)

1 Like

yeah, sure…like I did with season 3