Somehow, we told you so just doesn't seem enough

https:// i.imgur. com/fAiDST1. png

Just some of the myriad options being price-checked in the recent D4 feedback surveys for the first D4 expansion, coming soon at the low low price of more than a full price AAA title!

Seems like they worked out how to stop loading everyone’s stash at the same time as their characters - just in time to sell it to you!

4 Likes

got a source for that .png?

rofl what did you think was going too happen its been obvious since day 1 where this was going

1 Like

I dunno if that was intentional, but it was hilarious. lmfao

1 Like

Your post, unfortunately, doesnt show anything to make anyone believe it is being sold. Maybe you can provide some more info…

Directly from Blizzard via their survey emails?

If you want to find it you will; if you don’t you’ll use it as an excuse. Makes no difference to reality.

Sorry, perhaps I should have included the title row, here it is:

A: $69.99 B: $49.99 C: $79.99 D: $99.99

And I didn’t say it was being sold; I said it was being price checked. IE: It is absolutely going to be sold; Blizzard is working how much they can sell it for to maximize profit.

To be clear: This isn’t a pricing scheme based on packages x, y and z; this is a pricing matrix survey to determine the correct point of sale price to maximize return vs unit sales.

1 Like

didn’t get this survey nor anyone in this topic seem to have so…of course people (myself included) think it sound fishy without actual proof.

it’s the internet. anyone could say anything just to create chaos or to see people’s reply for fun.

Nothing I say as a detractor of D4 will convince you nor “the people in this thread” of the validty of the emails. Needless to say, when the expansion releases selling pre-release character power and stash tabs, such facades fall away.

1 Like

Bellular has a video on it if you truly don’t believe Blizz is this scummy lol

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxd0FdKrtLg

I also got the email for the survey, but they didn’t allow me to participate, because I am from EU :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

just saying : that it’s normal for people not believing it 100% until they receive said survey themselves that is all.
didn’t say you were necessarily lying or something else.
same thing if it came from a famous youtuber or twitcher that could do it for views

oh no worry there i do believe they can be (one glance at the cosmetic price shop or the amount of stash tab while they could very well make personal stash tab instead of ALL of them being shared to fix the lack of space )
And the collector edition without the game itself :confused:

Bungie has been doing this for Destiny 2 and their latest DLCs, which is you get an early access to new Exotic (their version of Unique) weapons if you pre order the corresponding DLC.

Seems that Blizz is taking notes from Bungie.

1 Like

he cant, the person that leaked it is under NDA so no one is saying where it originated, but some very trustworthy blizzard news sites have confirmed authenticity of it, i have no doubt its authentic, its part of the same survey that asks what a reasonable price for the xpac is between 40 and 90.

blizzard is stupid, and crazy. and very disappointing seeing this.

1 Like

Yep. Someone else said it best, the blizzard from old times that were super passionate about the products they created are long past gone.

Now its all about $$$ by any means necessary.

They simply do not care about what diablo was to many fans and I don’t care how great of a carrot for mules S2 was.

They know damn well what they are doing and dripping dumbed down farmable content to you to keep you playing is really great for shareholder quarterly meetings… and right before they sell you another fix to a problem they created.

1 Like

this will probably change slowly, like 100% of stuff released in the next 2 years will have been developed under bobby boy, then there will be 2 years of craziness with stuff half done under bobs and half under microsoft and the parts not aligning.

i hope that by 2028 blizzard will be back to making decent games.

microsofts monetization priority vastly differs from activision, so this really is a way larger change than most people realize. the shift will be massive.

2 Likes

That still doesnt show anything to make anyone believe they are selling it. They may be, but this provides no reason to make that conclusion.

If an expansion is price pointed at even more than 50% of the original cost of the game this is one player who wont be purchasing.

3 Likes

independently verified by a lot of game journalistic outlets as a “very credible source” its very believable, just because you choose to stick your head in the sand doesnt mean the leopard disappeared.

1 Like

I hope you’re correct long term but sadly I don’t see it currently.

An expansion is an expansion, NOT a new full game. No more than 50% of origanal cost if that. If Blizz wants to be stupid and go ahead and price point at the same cost as the original game (or higher) I say good for them. Its bold and decisive and if its successful just goes to show how many truly stupid gamers there are in the world.