Solo Self Found mode is coming!

So is it offline as well? This solo mode?

I want to play offline I live in an area with crap internet.

Ssf mode is single player. Thats whatever. I still dont see why i would want to do that. maximum paragon limit? So a seasonal nerf? Ok. And like ive said before. The portal thing isnt really anything new. Its meant to be like dig endlessly! But you still have to go to town just as often when your inventory is full. So its not much different than just running rifts and then end goal is the same anyway… endless grind for more loot… as it is with every looter arpg.

Man I would love SSF mode in D4.

They’ve been watering down both hardcore and ironman modes (which actually spawned SSF) since corporations started utilizing it as a means to capitalize off it. Both origins of these modes go back to roguelike muds.

As always D3 season will be dead in 5 days. Nothing new here.

But tbh probably it is test for D4. Fun fact that basically D3 is SSF game, and this mode will only matter for small minority of D3 minority LOL who want competitivle push GRs. Literally 0.1% percent of 5k online it’s like what? 5 players.

I don’t get it… you haven’t been able to trade in D3 for years and they’re calling this a feature?

No. Diablo 3 on PC is online only. There is an offline version on Console, but not with Season Play.

You can trade with people in your party who were there for the boss kill. You have a 2 hour timer on the item to do that. Rare and below have no restrictions at all.

In this case SSF means no party play at all. Only private games, so trade does not even come up.

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate. They should release offline mode and controller support for D3 on PC. That would be nice. I would definitely pick it up again and probably put many hours into it.

I just hate my internet company or I would have no issue.

1 Like

man literally who cares?

for like 99% of playerbase D3 is SSF based.

I am more excited for solo self found mode than I am for D4 after having played the first beta of D4…what does this say about the state of D4???

Yea I never considered grouping to funnel loot after they removed trading. Most of the gear you need you have in a day or two anyways ¯_(ツ)_/¯

D:IV is online-only, too.

IDK what game you played. My experience on Diablo 3 has been tons of group play. Whether it is boosting toons for others, gear carries, or 4-man meta groups speed running 120s or powering through 150s. 4-stack bounties, key farming groups, clan groups just running GRs and bantering on Discord VC.

That’s like saying D:IV is 99% SSF.

1 Like

Oh I know, I can only play super late hours or I get hit with traffic lag and it’s awful. Hoping to get better internet soon.

LMAO 30min for carrying anyone before he gets full set. And you call it TRADING.
Again this is ultra small minority of playerbase. I think that only bounties was popular. But it has nothing with trading. SSF for like 99% of ARPG community means first of all, the complete absence of a trade. So yeah for 99% D3 was SSF based.
D4 is not SSF based but with smart loot and with poor itemization there is almost no sense in the trade, or it is completely uninteresting for majority. D4 is not SSF based but it is very close to this.

Therefore, as far as I understand, the only thing for which “SSF” was introduced in d3 are leaderboards.

I don’t plan to use it since I don’t care about the leaderboard and might want to do public bounties or play with friends occasionally when they actually try a season, but some people wanted it and asked for a long time so I have no problem with them having their own ladder. I doubt it will be super popular past the first season when more people maybe try it out, but it doesn’t take anything away from anyone else to let the people who wanted it have their own little world to play in.

In D4 I don’t care either way if it ever comes here, I’d more like a trade center so we have some other kind of end-game activity + a way to more easily try out different builds and stat combos. I’m never going to third party sites and discords to trade, I’ll just finish the season journey’s and leave like I did in D3 for years.

Moar goodies into eternal D3 plz.

1 Like

What the hell does this have to do with anything?

Sounds like they just splitting up the already small D3 community.

Er, that’s the mode I play in D4, though. It just hasn’t been made official, lol.

1 Like

Solo self found mode = just a locked private game mode.

This is nothing exciting.

You can play solo self found in D3 right now just leaving your game set to private and not playing in any groups.

1 Like

That’s basically how I’ve played arpgs since d1