So, who likes what they see in the patch notes?

So I…won’t be playing D4 anymore…like at all. I hate a LOT about these notes, but what caused me the most emotions? 85% to 100% increased monster health for multiplayer. The multiplayer was already bad enough.

“We want you to do nightmare dungeons and nothing else! We’re gonna turn off scaling tho so don’t bring your friends unless you’re power leveling them…actually…don’t do that either…just play alone.”

So I ask all of you whom read this to reply…did you like the patch overall? If you did, what was your favorite change? If you didn’t like it, what stood out to you the most?

11 Likes

I like what I saw, it seems fine to me. I will see how the new items and things scale with the nerfs.

Either way, I doubt half the people saying they quit will. Gaming addiction is real, and most of you will stick around to at least try it.

7 Likes

Druid and Barb doesn’t seems to be a good leveling build anyway, who cares.

nah, i dont think blizz knows what they’re doing rn. if they do then its even more effed. either way ill be playing not diablo till august 3rd and then baldurs gate 3 will make me forget all about diablo 4.

hopefully they learn how to make fun amd rewarding player experiences by this time next year.

2 Likes

Oh, I meant to mention I’m just gonna try a dif game Rykker mentioned a week or two ago. I’ll come back if I hear good things from the beta testers.

2 Likes

I don’t like what I see based on my current character builds… However with a new season coming out in a mere few days and said character’s soon becoming obsolete for the next 3 months I’m looking forward to exploring new builds in season 1

A lot of good stuff in the patch notes. A few misses, and of course, a lot of stuff that was not in there, which optimally should have been.

The nerfs to boosting was very needed and positive.
NMDs being the only real endgame is very problematic on the other hand. But they did try to boost parts of Helltides and Whispers, just unlikely to be anywhere near enough.

Favorite change? The vulnerable nerf, by far.

3 Likes

It’s frustrating because people cry so much that it’s really hard to swim through the constant babbling of gamers to the legitimate problems. With that said the overall damage nerf is kind of lame but I do appreciate that they rebuffed ghors which to me shows that they really nerf/buff on knee jerk reactions which is super unfortunate. I’ll probably play season 1 but not nearly as much as I played the vanilla game

Helltides are almost dead now as end content 250 for a mystery chest and you will gain about 75% less cinders!

1 Like

I liked the idea of buffing the other damage types, but feel that nerfing the best damage types is going to be bad for the game. The worst part is honestly the nerf to Exp gain from boosting/powerleveling. I personally have no incentive to try different characters now, and as it was usually better to make alt characters instead of redoing paragon boards and whatnot for builds… that just went out the window.

1 Like

I like the patch. The game is gonna be harder, which is going to be more fun. The nerf to vulnerable was absolutely needed. There’s still a lot to change, though. It’s just one step in the right direction.

People that just wanna kill monsters so easily they start dying the moment their little toe shows up in the corner of their ultrawide screens can just go play path of exile

2 Likes

I don’t feel like they addressed any of the problems with sorc. I’m squishier now because of disobediance nerf, and I’ve lost 11 mana. Helm 27 > 20, Ring 18 > 14 - which means I’ve lost damage because of uptime on elementalist aspect. I’m not sure how much I really noticed losing a bit of crit damage. Definitely felt weaker between those two things though. I didn’t even know Control aspect was doing triple damage to staggered bosses - still not sure how that works. Was it triple dipping the frozen/stunned/immobilized combo? Either way, I don’t feel like I was killing bosses too quickly.

I got nerfed man. I’m not happy. Where’s the love for the poster child of Diablo? Are any of the Barbarian players happy?

Nothing that I wanted to happen, did. Things I wanted to not happen, did.

3 Likes

more balance and less casuals, not bad patch notes

1 Like

the cinder drop rate is a bug I thought?

1 Like
  • Fixed an issue where Meshif’s camel made no noises.

Thats my favorite/most non bad note. :joy:

3 Likes

Honestly, Blizzard’s mistake was releasing this patch two days before the season. There’s no doubt in my mind that it was balanced for seasonal play/fresh characters. Now you have people dropping into the game, realizing that their character now sucks and needs to be rebuilt, and coming to the conclusion that the game now sucks and Blizzard fundamentally ruined it. Come Thursday, I’m sure the forums will still be miffed about it, but I imagine most people will have settled down. Still reserving judgements until Thursday.

That said, they did sorcerers dirty. I genuinely don’t know what Blizzard’s thought process was behind the sorcerer changes. I’m going to check out sorcerer on Thursday just to see if my assumptions are wrong, but it is extremely bold and questionable of them to nerf sorcerers when they continue to be the weakest of the classes in the game, underperforming by almost every metric. That sort of nerf gave me flashbacks from my warlock days in WoW when they nerfed warlocks to make room for demon hunters. They became completely useless as a class and stayed that way until just recently.

That’s the vibe I got from the sorcerer changes.

2 Likes

Dear whiteknights i hope you enjoy your season 1. By the looks of it its bad. Like really bad. Good luck

2 Likes

Patch is good on some parts but much of it isn’t. Then I saw the list of malignant hearts that will be available. While there are some that look good, I’m just not interested to play Season 1 anymore just because there are 2 more gems to shoot for.

PS: The memes on Reddit are great ^^

There are many people who write this same thing, and have been proven wrong. If someone don’t like the product they will leave. The mess is this…

I don’t believe power leveling like that is in the spirit of the game, or any game. I’d be glad it was gone if not for the fact that it feels like you need to rush to t4 to actually play the game. I don’t find it rewarding enough to want to play through the game multiple times with dog sht items leveling up to start finding real items. I think we needed more affixes on items to affect item diversity - they just nerfed the best ones.
What would your 5th affix be? Would it make you feel like you have a choice or lock you into a mandatory 5? Is there a mandatory 6?

1 Like