So where is Chain Lightning in S4?

Seriously, since release they played with every single skill - sometimes buff, modify, nerf, buff again etc. Did they forgot about Chain Lightning AGAIN?! It’s good for leveling but in the endgame it just lacks dmg and fun factor. I wish they give CL similar treatment as Frozen Orb.

CL is ok. Hell, it’s probably more than OK with some of the changes that are queued up. Combine it with LS enchant, Splintering Energy Aspect and Conjuration Mastery and watch it go.

Is it top tier? No, probably not, but it’s better than FO and Incinerate were. It might still be better than Incinerate, for that matter.

The problem with Chain Lightning is it has limited interactions. Coming Season 4 that might change. Those double cast Tempered Affixes are tasty. Especially with Unstable Current.

Blizzard needs to bring back Barber’s heart, that’s when Chain Lightning shines. Just pump all lightning into the heart and wait for it to Kaboom :grimacing:

Sorcerers are going to be pretty good this season, not as good as Necromancers, and almost as good as barbarians.

Try a new build and have fun looking for new combinations with the new gear.

Most classes will have probably 5+ base builds that are gear agnostic, and 5+ more that will require specific gear.

That is the best state this game has been in, period.

A great time to relax and have fun.

Its one of my enchantments in season4. Works pretty well to trigger the Tal Rasha 45% [ x ]

In checking maxroll for their tier list on season 4 they gave it a C, which is pretty bad. I loved my CL sorc in season 3 and genuinely enjoyed using him. He was rated a B in season 3 but I think it was because of synergies with the construct. So apparently the build needs work according to them. As of now, its likely not a top tier endgame build.

Yeah, CL is pushed away.

It’s fun playing with it, I love the playstyle, very dynamic.

Other builds or skills are very static and boring. Just spam a bunch of stuff and leave, everything dies while are off the screen. That is not fun. I think that people who like this playstyle don’t actually enjoy playing the game. They are more interested in the “slot machines” side of it.