So instead of buffing mob density in other dungeons, you nerf Ruins of Eridu?

I will never understand Blizzard’s obsession with nerfing things that are strong instead of buffing things that are weak. It is absolutely mind blowing.

Imagine you own an amusement park. After being open for a month, you notice that one particular ride is making a lot more money than all the other rides. Clearly, there’s something attractive about this ride that draws people to it. Rather than trying to identify why this particular ride is so successful so you can improve the quality of your other rides, you decide to sell it so all the rides will be ridden equally.

That doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, but it’s what Blizzard does in every single one of their games.

They had a small handful of dungeons that were good, and people flocked to them. Noticing this, a sane person would buff the other dungeons to be desirable too. But not Blizzard. Everything must be equally crappy.

This race to the bottom needs to end.

91 Likes

Go play the game stop feeding and abusing broken content that wasnt meant to be mass farmed over and over again by 1 person while 3 people stand at the door and get exp, items, etc.

12 Likes

Broken content? You’re a fool if you think high mob density is “broken content” in an ARPG.

44 Likes

If all the dungeons had better mob density, no one would be mass farming one dungeon over and over. That’s literally the point.

36 Likes

Okay, think about it - there are 115 dungeons in the game. It’s obvious that when the game released there were going to be outliers - a handful that were clearly the best, and a handful that were clearly the worst. It’s safe to assume that the devs intended the dungeon efficiency to be at the level of the other 80~ of them. You were expecting them to buff 114 dungeons to match the overpowered one, and that’s unreasonable.

7 Likes

This isn’t D3.

If you have an expectation that anything less than 1000 mobs/minute is unacceptable, you’re playing the wrong franchise.

3 Likes

The 3 posters below this comment summed it up pretty nice.

2 Likes

Density is a thing but you also have the dungeon layout, that’s what made Ruins so good, amazing density with an amazing layout, it’s impossible to have every dungeon on par when it comes to efficiency because of layouts.

You just complimented me for summing it up nicely, but my post contradicts yours. Reading comprehension fail.

4 Likes

maybe if people stopped trying to find the easy way to trivialize the game content and started actually playing the game we wouldnt have these nerfs to the dungeons. Instead they just want to stand at the door like in D3 and get carried to the top.

Its absolutely disgusting.

1 Like

Even if they’d have buffed the other dungeons, the majority of your kind would still be abusing Eridu instead. Not a single one of you would go like, “oh look there are other abuse-able dungeons, let’s go there.

Your logic is more along the lines of “well this is good for me, even if they buff the others, this dungeon is still better and I am used to it

By nerfing it, you are literally forced to find other dungeons and that is point, kicking you folks out of farming one dungeon alone.

Easy.

1 Like

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I’m a solo player. I enjoy killing big packs of mobs. Who’s standing at the entrance?

You sound dumb.

9 Likes

I said 3 posters below his post summed it up nicely there were 4 posts inbetween. Can you guess the 1 out of those 4 post that wasnt being referred to in this statement. Ill give you a hint it wasnt the first reply behind that reply.

2 Likes

Are you part of the staff? You seem to share the same obsession they have, forcing their customers to play the game in a way they don’t want to.

Let’s see how this amazing technique unfolds.

3 Likes

Honestly I expected a handful of shills to show up, and I wasn’t disappointed.

3 Likes

Yes, let’s - I guarantee you they will be making millions for years to come.

1 Like

Even if I was I wouldnt tell you. Nobody is forcing anyone to play their way, we are stopping you from exploiting the game because you dont want to put in the work to level in an ARPG game that the whole point is to grind levels and gear.

Have you ever played another ARPG? I’m guessing you haven’t. Mob density in the “overpowered” dungeons was already way lower than most endgame ARPGs. Now it’s just a snoozefest across the board where you spend 10 seconds running between packs.

2 Likes

What if they buff several dungeons (8~10) with various biome and dungeon quest to match the mob density as Eridu? By doing this they can provide more diversity in endgame farming enrivonment for people to enjoy. BLZ have the option to please everyone but they choose the way that sacrifices experience of those who pay and spend time in this game only because it’s the easiest way.

1 Like

You are clearly not part of the staff because you use the word EXPLOIT in this contex.
I can also assume you don’t have many miles in ARPG games, you probably played Lost Ark and tought that was an ARPG.

Put the work in you say? Running around in helltide is putting the work?
Maybe spamming the same event over and over, is that work too?

What do you think is harder, a dungeon with 10 elites or one with 30 in it?
Nobody is talking about loot drop here, we just complaining that they are killing dungeon crawling in an ARPG.

3 Likes