Should I collect all Altars of Lilith?

I was wondering if it’s worth it to collect all the Altars of Lilith before the season 1 launches.
My doubt is if we will keep the Altars that we collected with the season realm or just the eternal (at least untill the season 1 launches)? It seems like it won’t be worth it to collect them now if the Altars progression will be reseted when the season 1 launches.

1 Like

Yes it is. From what I understand, once you do it, you never have to do it again.

1 Like

Altars of Lilith are realm wide. So, once anyone finds it, it applies to all character in the realm - now or future.

Similarly, renown is account wide. So, you get 10 skills points from renown. As such, you could complete each zone with one character, get the points and start another character with those 10 points at level 1.

You only need to collect them once to get everything in the second row (the one with the skill points and extra potions) of the renown page for a zone. All future characters will gain all the bonuses from the top row of the renown page for each zone and the individual stats from each altar.

You can do them again with future characters to gain the bottom row stuff and to build renown for that zone with that character.

This means that the progress made this far is shared with the seasonal characters? (even tho this first character isn’t in the season realm)

what other things follow that logic?

I mean can i complete every objective in every zone and it is unlocked forever even on seasons?

it is unclear about seasons themselves but it stays unlocked in Eternal.

From the looks of it, well get the stats from it, but not the renown season wise(a new char shows 0/28 complete) for zone 1. Which really would be the whole point doing it now. Im not sure what they are thinking since we’ll want the paragon points from renown. The stats are a complete joke, its like 2% this, 1% that lol.

They should make discovery season/account wide, which would help boost season play so we never have to collect them again.

I really hope the skill points and alters carry over between leagues because if they don’t, I’m not doing this every league, and I’ll stick to eternal only. Doing this every time the league rolls over would be extraordinarily tedious.

I actually haven’t bothered getting the alters yet, beyond the few I’ve happened to stumble across, and I’m not really gonna bother until Blizzard comments on whether this even carries over or not.

So just go after the paragon ones first.

For me, it’s just something to do in the game to mix things up. No rush in getting all of them.
I’m still progressing through the campaign so not going out of my way.
Good thing once you find them, you never need to find them again. I just wish the status of which you found persisted through each char and not just the one that found it.

I just created a new character to test this and the alters of Lilith do not carry over between characters at all, not sure if this is a bug or intended but as of right now they don’t

1 Like

One, if you think it is a bug, report it through Tech Support.

Two, Lilith Altars give a stat raise. So, take all of your gear off the first character and compare that to the current ungeared character. As long as you have not done Paragon, they should be the same. If you have done Paragon, you will have to subtract the various nodes and they should match.

Yes, that’s what i’m trying to figure out. The eternal i know that mantains the status across other characters and completing them again just gives exp, but i’m trying to discover if it will be shared to the first season character, cause won’t make sense have to find all that again one month after the game just launched. It would be good if a GM could answer that.

I am not good at figuring out the work around for posting stuff. Still, according to WoWHead and WoWVendor, they will not reset for seasons but will reset for game modes. So, there will be different numbers between softcore and hardcore modes. Also, Renown will reset each season. And getting those altars helps with renown.

So i had to do them all once for hardcore and softcore and refill map out lol but after that theyre done.