Share diablo 4 on Ps5

I bought this on the Xbox and ps5 so i could play together with my partner on different screens, but I’m currently unable to thanks to this poorly done coding. The game license is supposed to be on the console, not floating off on blizzard servers. Going to do the limited same screen playing for now, but pissed that i paid for the game twice for no reason now.

If you log in with the different PSN account (which didn’t own the game) tied to different Bnet on the same console with game installed, does it works? Can someone try it?

1 Like

how about the battle pass, is it shared also? man I wished I knew before buying it on my primary account. I should have bought it with my playing PSN account

Pretty much the exact same situation except PS4 and PC. The early access being tied to the Battle.net (when it WAS NOT stated clearly on the console store) is ridiculous. Like why would I pay $180 to log on to PC, then get booted off when I log on to PS4?!?

I’ve tried this. Bought it on account B (where I buy all my games) to play on account A (where I play all my games, has PS Plus and save files). It always comes up with invalid license on account A. But if I try on B then it comes up with the screen that asks me to link a Battle net account, which I definitely don’t want to do. 100% will not be playing on account B. I’d have to pay for PS Plus to play online and also make a new battle net account? No thanks.

2 Likes

As I see, many people at this moment getting this “invalid license” error, doesn’t matter if they sharing or not.
Try those solutions with downloading free game from PS Store or launch DIV later (may be Blizzard will fix it).
And If you manage to log in successfully, leave a comment here, please.

1 Like

On PS5 I was receiving the invalid license error, but now it’s working. But my wife is still receiving the invalid license error using a different user on the same console. So I’m not sure if its because the early access works only in the account the bought the ultimate version, or if its because of the issue that was happening to most of the users.

1 Like

exactly my issue. I live abroad so I buy games with my primary account but all my trophies are in my secondary account. All beta and server slam rewards are in my secondary account too. Now I can only play with my primary account, my secondary still says “Unable to find license”. I fear early access, battle pass, currency bought all stuck to the PSN account that bought the game.

1 Like

Update it here, please, if you will manage to run the game with your second account later.
I’m also in the same situation. If Blizzard wont solve it, I’ll just try to refund the game.

this is horrible blizzard needs to act now or just give us are money back this is an unfair and unacceptable problem just wow 200 dollars down the drain for so many are you kidding me

1 Like

when i first tried it literally just deleted the whole game from my ps5 now i am stuck here downloading

Yo boys i’m pretty certain it’s impossible to share play Diablo 4 at the moment. I’ve tried every possible fix and still nothing. Logged into my brothers account who is the person who bought the early access and it instant logged me into Diablo 4 servers. Went back into my account and tried playing, didn’t work. Been trying for 4 hours.

3 Likes

Hey I’m on the same both as you. Can you keep me posted on your resolution? I really want my money back as well if this is really the issue.

2 Likes

this really makes me not even want to play the game at all trust and believe this is no accident it worked fine for beta this is a way to sell more copies witch is outright thievery and very bad business practice

1 Like

Bf and i tried this unfortunately it didnt work for us. Tbe only way is couch op if im thinking correctly. Im furious since he got the uktimate edition. If they dont allow sharjng btw consels that screws so many ppl. Took me hours to fiqure out why it wasnt working when it shoukd have been stated! Honestly i love diablo but not everyone can afford 100$ for 1 system and 100$ for the other. :frowning:

So beyond irrtated and bummed since i looked foward to this for weeks since i got screwed out the server slam trophy and now im getting screwed again cuz we dont have early access on 2 systems :roll_eyes:

The same is true for me, so I applied for a refund to Sony on the grounds of fraud, and I don’t know if it will be successful

1 Like

Same issue here , bought the Ultimate edition on my main PS5 acc , now i cant access it on the other profile , awesome license validation error… Thanks Blizz for the mess :smiley: i got engaged last night and if she leaves me i am suing you Blizz cuz we cant spend quality time playing together

1 Like

"PezRadar

39 posts

Community Manager

8h

Users who purchase a Deluxe/Ultimate Edition on an account should use that same account to host couch co-op sessions during the Early Access period. This ensures the guest player can join and participate in co-op.

Accounts that weren’t the original purchaser of Deluxe/Ultimate Edition of the game on that console will not be able to play in Early Access unless they join as a second player with the account that made the original purchase."

So… with this logic if I purchase the early access, it will be tied to my Battle.net account and I can log in for early access on all systems? This is a really slippery slope and a terrible way to try to sell more digital deluxe editions.

1 Like

I know this is pretty much irrelevant now as the game is coming out soon, but I managed to kind of work around the problem. I hosted a couch co-op session on PS5, then when my girlfriend joined, I left the game, promoting her to party’s owner, and then I managed to log into D4 on PC and play online no problem. With all the trophies/progress logging on her PSN/Battle.net account.

That being said, does anybody know if battle pass for Digital Deluxe/Ultimate gets the same treatment?

They made a post here Game sharing during Early Access couch co-op on console saying sharing will not be available during early access but don’t say anything about after. I was able to get my wife into the early access beta with sharing so no idea why they decided that early access launch is not allowed.