Server slam Drop rate is abysmall 7h 0 legendarys

My drop rate for legendaries wasn’t bad. Considering that I played only a few hours between yesterday and today, my barb found 4 legendaries by the end of the beta.
Initially I was concerned that the drop rate would be like that for uniques in D2R, but this drop rate didn’t feel bad at all. The obols vendor was a bit disappointing though, I spent about 500 obols and didn’t get a single legendary, but maybe that’s ok, I still got several rares.

Do you even know what you are talking about? lol. I don’t think you do.

You’re a funny one.

Please do not ping me ever again.

Hint none of those have the playerbase D3 has. Hell PoE a fully free title still has less people that jave created an account than have bought D3.

Since when did D3 have a player base?

He happens to be right and you are wrong. You can’t compare D4 to D2, because D2 had static monster levels. Monsters didn’t scale with you. When they do, as in Diablo 4, you need to scale faster than they do, and that means you need quality loot occasionally. Unfortunately, it was WAY too occasionally. Goblins dropped nothing, silent chests, nothing.

If the Open beta drop rate was 1, and this time it was .33, maybe the drop rate needs to be .50 or something, so legendaries aren’t quite so impossible to snag. The game is built around having them, and that just was not the case.

Apparently the word “legendary” doesn’t mean anything anymore. These kids seem to just want a shiny new 5 seconds of dopamine every 10 minutes instead of, ya know, having to work for their gear.

Oh well, hopefully all the kids whining keep to their (empty) threats and don’t buy the game.

1 Like

Just add Muyu to the ignore list, is my advice. His posts in D2R were pretty poor as well, as I recall.

But yes, you could reasonably compare D4 Uniques to D2 Uniques. Legendaries in D4 are not uniques. They are more like enhanced rares. And the game is designed around having them.

The dopamine hit of getting a legendary when they don’t drop all the time way better than what was happening in the first beta weekend, trust me.

If I recall right, D3 in the beginning had an abysmal drop rate due to the auction house gimmick, then they turned it up to 11 after getting rid of it and everything puked legendaries. I’m okay having something in between, but I don’t know if I’ve played the betas long enough to see if that’s what we got.

When I played Diablo 3 before the major update, I can’t even remember how many hours I had and never got a legendary. Then obviously the new patch boosted it but it was so many hours.

Hy , also das spiel ist gut an sich. Aber was haben sie sich als Team gedacht nur 4Tränke zu machen so wird vieles unschaffbar und Ashura ich mein den Boss der dann aller 3 Stunden auftauchen sollte war bei mir ganicht erst da und lägendäre Gegenstände tauchten erst garnicht auf, für Anfänger oder leichter Gamemodus ist das nicht tragbar. Es wird schon schwierig mit 10 oder 20 Gesundheitstränken und übrigens wo bleibr ein spielbares Tutorial für neue Spieler und anfänger

I got only 4 drops total for playing 15 hours in each day. Also I crafted lvl 20 gear at the end ending up having 6 Legendary imprints and I already felt stronger. Was almost able to take down level 30 boss at Kor Dragan.

So far so good! Drop rates are more than fine.

Its the instant gratification generation don’t worry when they hit a dry spell in loot they will likely quit so it won’t matter in the long run. Most of them don’t even know they can imprint aspects from the dungeons they beat and make legendaries. The copium from these people is epic right now. They think this is bad i would love to see them play diablo 2.

If this is the real drop rate, I will not purchase/play this game. Many of us don’t have 7 hours in a day to farm one measly legendary. To those of you who do —and like it that way — enjoy your masochistic gameplay. It’s just not for me. PS: Thanks for the heads up because now I know to avoid it like the plague … and like DI.

bad take? nahhh, lol…it’s just a fact. scarcity is good in games. And who said legendary items should drop as infrequently as uniques in D2 (they aren’t even that rare, kill a boss)? you’re literally arguing against a position he didn’t take. And 7h is very unlucky. Blizzard isn’t going to increase the drop rates because some people have a dry spell.

Think your confused you can rip the effect once and only once … codex come from dingeons and are weaker versions of these effects . When you rip the ability and put it in another you cannot rip the effect from that new item again … people seem to be hella confused … legendaries are meant to drop alot because a good portion of them are cheeks and you will need a solid source of these one time use abilities to keep your builds functioning on the way up through levels .

nah this is a perfect drop rate, this is realistist, this is diablo, this is how you supposed to fight fight fight, grind grind until you find a lengendary, not just rainfall legendary everywhere which is ridiculous. THIS IS DARK REALITIST DIABLO 4 GAME

since you are garenteed 2 during the main story i call BS on your statement…

got like 10 legendary during server slam

I guess 1 legendary and 5 rares each 8~10 hours played in veteran tier… this is a good average formula for player satisfaction, sense of achievement and game longevity in the eternal realm.