Server Disconnects-Done with game and blizzard

It has been 16 days since I complained about the server disconnecting every time I port out of a dungeon or port back into town. I have gotten no response whatsoever from Blizzard. I am glad to see that you treat a long-time player who has been playing since 2000 this well. Since you do not care about fixing your game and only grabbing money, will take my business to path of exile.

5 Likes

in a dungeon tonight with my wife, pull the boss and BAM server dropped both of us, had to redo the whole god damn thing… I remember when Blizzard’s name mattered when it meant something. This is a huge disappointment.

1 Like

I get booted at least twice every hour. It’s disgusting really. Season 2 has been live for over a week and you still haven’t fixed this bug… It doesn’t say much about the competency of the D4 Devs. You can’t even stabilize the server in a week you might be in the wrong line of work.
You won’t win them back again. So you better shape up, or just dig this game a grave.

Happens several times a day to me. Annoying AF.

This happens to me and my husband, multiple times a day. It’s really infuriating when you’re trying to do helltides and get disconnected repeatedly.

Just got the game, disconnected everytime I get near the final boss of a dungeon.

Has me wondering why the hell I bought this game.

Battlenet doesn’t even disconnect.

Yeah, ever since season 2 launched, literally almost every time I encounter a loading screen, I get disconnected from the server.

I swear, Blizzard went from the GOAT of gaming, to trashy, greedy Gollum scumbags in just 10 years. It’s almost impressive.

1 Like

Disconnected on teleport twice in just the span of 5 mins. Have Blizzard even acknowledged this?

Add me to this list Blizzard. The DC issue is wild how often it happens…!!!

Always after teleporting to town. I have tried using the teleporting methods of opening the map and clicking as well as the hotkey teleport to town. I have issues with both.

When in groups trying to run bosses it happens so often I can sometimes not even run in/out of a dungeon 8 times without it happening.

Is there another thread about this or some sort of response? or troubleshooting? I have tried the repair scan, it checks okay.
The game is installed on SSD, not HDD. I set the max frames to 400 which helped some…

I am just looking for some help here, please.

Thank you.

I’ve been playing since the first beta and this is STILL AN ISSUE!

I had this issue also and while searching through the forums, someone suggested increasing the RAM on their PC. Blizzard states minimum of 8 GB RAM to run the game which is what I had with Graphics 4 GB dedicated.

I increased the RAM on my PC to 16 GB (doubled) and haven’t had the issue again. If you only have 8 GB, try that.

Yeah, this issue really became bad for me since season 2, not sure if that’s related or not.

I also have 12 GB or dd6 RAM on my video card alone… So that isn’t my issue.

Helped a friend with disconnect problem and below is what we did to fix it:

1. Did a constant ping to the europe diablo servers, which never stopped, even when client disconnected, so not external network.

2. Did usual network clear commands
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    netsh int ip reset
    netsh winsock reset

3. Noticed Diablo 4 beta was still installed, uninstalled this

4. Moved Diabo 4 to SSD drive, from the normal SATA hard drive.

After this, they can teleport to town without disconnecting, dungeons and general gameplay works as per normal.

Hope it helps someone else.

If I had to guess, I’d say that after seeing step 4 and just from my own experience of getting disconnected perhaps 25% of the time, that their code is blocking another thread or handler that is responsible for the client communicating with the server. When it doesn’t respond in time, because it’s too busy loading the town, it disconnects. Just my two cents. I have a lower end machine. Running an amd vega 8 with a ryzen 5 and 16 gb of ram. I have to run everything on the lowest settings.

At around 3.45 today 915.12.23) your servers went to crap, I lost progress from 1 hour of blood harvest grind. One of the lost item was a staff that was about to increase my attack power by +600. I want it back ASAP.

Played for a week, bought your skins, enduring your disconnects, till the disconnect become a norm like every 10mins which is unplayable now.

bye Diablo 4, enough said.

Just an update for 2024; nothing has changed. Can’t play longer than 20 minutes without discoing. Honestly, if I performed my job to these standards my rectum would be fired.

Same here. logged in to see the changes. 3 DC’s in just a few minutes. Logged back out.
As stated above, this would not be accepable at my work either, so what gives?
Take a frackin season off your money grab and fix the issues. THEN come back with the good content.

I found the problem fix for me. In the first place i throught it was the game fault. After i read the logh of windows. I saw a inntressing thing. The error was not the game. It was by me the Windows defender that scanning the game folder. And blocked the access to the game i get the error. After i set the game folder file as accept i have so far 4 days no errors / disconnecting anymore.

• Added the folder by Windows defender → Controlled folder acces —> allow an app via controlled folder and ad Diablo 4 folder.

Hope that this work also for you.