Selig Broke PVP

so there are alot of things barbs gain from it atm. legendary node that gives you fortify on 100 fury usage. malignant ring gives guaranteed crit on 100 fury usage. the list goes on. and right now fury lost due to selig and taking dmg is counting as fury usage as if you used a skill

1 Like

Nope. There has been video proof its working exactly as designed. Just more lies.

But which one is the actual mechanic that gives you AFK ability? Or maybe I am misunderstanding how everything works.

For example when I read use 100 fury, I’m assuming a skill is cast to burn fury then regen fury (shout). Which means not AFK.

When I read generate 3 fury on taking damage, that’s 1% of life and most PvP’ers can do more than that to burn trough existing fury. And taking 33 hits to get to the 100 for fority doesn’t seem like it would enable the AFK.

So maybe it’s all the interactions together or something else? I genuinely don’t get how this is all coming together.

People can’t be immortal in real life so they turn to a game to satisfy their desire, and you whinners are saying this can’t be in the game? Go play with yourself in the real world FFS! We just want to have some fun after work!!! GDMIT!!!

I think being immortal on a non PvP mode is okay as long as it’s legit.

But on a PvP, both parties need to have good chances of killing each other. Being immortal kinda defeats that chance. I understand the thrill of being unkillable but it shouldn’t come from a broken interaction. If you are unkillable because you are godly at dodging and timing everything right, well you deserve to be unkillable.

Look at this on the other side. It’s not fun for someone who spec for PvP with all their best and still unable to kill someone because they are immortal and they are immortal just by being afk too.

In first person shooter games I am mostly immortal because I kill them first before they kill me. I am good with the map and know when to hide and attack, and it wasn’t because I had an item that makes me immortal.

3 Likes

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say. Are you trying saying the endgame of a PVE game is PVP, but threw in some random pop culture references to spice things up? :smile:

Sure thing, lets also fix for PvP:

Poison Damage from Rogues, doing way too much
Sorc Firewall one shotting
Sorc being immune repeatedly
Necro needs more Movement Speed

Selig is working as intended.

necro movement speed isnt an issue when they can just use mist constantly and be immune also

nah man, you can’t say that with a straight face.
there is no way perma immortality is intended xD
just look at the amount of player trying to kill that guy even when he afk …the enemy still dies through the thorns he has…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j61WkFR-S1o

1 Like

I have met numerous Barbs like this in PvP. Totally unkillable when everyone else drops against my Firewall Sorc. It couldn’t be because my Firewall Sorc has bad DPS.

I can say it with a straight face as this is working as intended.

afk 100% win-rate pvp and pve is intended ?
oh well the devs must’ve missed the memo since it’s getting fixed…errr…nerfed :stuck_out_tongue:

yea im guessing quiet a few barb wanted to abuse that

If it’s working as intended, then they wouldn’t change it.

2 Likes

You are 3 secs in Mist mode and it has a base CD of 24 secs.

yes because infinimist has to wait 24secs…

Do you play Infinimist? It depends on Lucky Hit from Abhorrent Decrep. proccing to reduce the CD, and you need mobs for that. Without that working, you are still left with maybe 10 secs CD if you stack a lot of CDR and + skills to Mist and Macabre.

i guess you dont use explosive mist to reduce cooldown?

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t meant it isn’t working as intended. It is working as intended. They are doing a nerf. There is no fix in this change. It is a straight nerf. When they nerf this, they can possibly remove it from the Uber pool of uniques along with Andariel’s as they will both be subpar.

They can do away with the Uber designation for uniques entirely.

1 Like

Yes, there’s also that aspect. That -0.5s CD per corpse still can’t make you in Mist mode constantly.

sure, being able to afk and kill even 20 players attacking you at the same time while you don’t move or attack etc…and only through thorn and imortality while you are afk preparing your coffee is intended. If you say so :stuck_out_tongue: