Selig Broke PVP

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t meant it isn’t working as intended. It is working as intended. They are doing a nerf. There is no fix in this change. It is a straight nerf. When they nerf this, they can possibly remove it from the Uber pool of uniques along with Andariel’s as they will both be subpar.

They can do away with the Uber designation for uniques entirely.

1 Like

Yes, there’s also that aspect. That -0.5s CD per corpse still can’t make you in Mist mode constantly.

sure, being able to afk and kill even 20 players attacking you at the same time while you don’t move or attack etc…and only through thorn and imortality while you are afk preparing your coffee is intended. If you say so :stuck_out_tongue:

a necro can mist about as often as a sorc can flameshield. if not more so your point of arguing was?

A Necro can’t constantly use Mist like you said.

Now tell me what “constantly” means since maybe I got it wrong.

Read the item
Look at how Barbs generate resources
Look at Thorns

It works as intended. I can’t help it that the devs don’t understand game mechanics.

The main thing I see as an issue is afk and Selig counting resources that get used as spent. In essence they are spent. Take that away and if a person is moving and attacking then no change to the item should occur.

look at the thread i did that reply to and use your head

usually, when we say not intended it’s on the point of view of the devs.
they didn’t intend for that to be possible.
hence it’s not intended.

much like the “shakogate” thing or dupe glitch weren’t intended either even if it was (wrongly) programmed within the game.

then again, on that it’s all about perspective indeed.

Ok, I try to use my head. This is what you wrote:

“necro movement speed isnt an issue when they can just use mist constantly and be immune also”

I translate it to: “In PvP, Necro movement speed isn’t an issue because they can use Mist but are still left with significant cooldown.”

Still need your help because I don’t get what you are trying to say.

so i replied to this post because he was making an issue about sorcs being immune repeatedly and acting like necros need help. im sorry your reading comprehension suffers and cant grasp that

1 Like

Thanks for explaining and indeed my brain couldn’t grasp all of that.

I get that you’re in the first stage of grief over this change. But being able to generate more resource than you lose when you get hit cannot be intended.

This is exactly what they’re fixing. Because it is not working as they intended it.

1 Like

I have some bad news for your Grey Ghost. You do have low DPS! :grinning: They just have lower health. Except for that 40k+ life barb…

1 Like

apparently they do care about balance in pvp, theeir nerfing it in only the pvp area. Weird how that works

1 Like

Actually this nerf really surprised me. I thought they didn’t care about PvP

1 Like

I’m sure the real story goes something like (if you recall all the bug complaints from high end PC rigs getting burned out, overheated, destroyed by D4)…well…Selig and BL fighting each other probably burned out enough servers they decided it needed to stop! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

ya, its a weird nerf. Just nerf it all the way around if your going to nerf it, after they said no nerfs in season 2

1 Like

The performance issues in the pvp zones are from loot being all over the ground and it not being picked up. Example, imagine everytime you loaded into town everyone’s stash was all over the ground. Similar to what’s going on in the pvp zones. Seeds and rare items spilled all over the ground everywhere.
Solution, when you kill a mob the seeds automatically get deposited to your characters. No more picking them up. If you’re in a party they automatically get split between party members (This is a good thing because currently it’s whoever can pick them up faster gets all the seeds).
Also the BL definitely causes problems. I see it on the world boss all the time…

Pretty sure the Selig excuse is a CAP and convenient how they do it shortly after a well known influencer creates a guide on thorns selig barb showcasing him taking over the pvp zone… :rofl:

Anyway, that item is pure troll in pvp and if you need it to win you’re just plain bad lol.

2 Likes

I’m sure the performance issue is an ‘excuse’, but also since the seeds keep dividing into smaller piles each time you die, I’m sure that eventually leads to huge performance issues with piles of 1 seeds over thousands per playzer in the zone due to selig barb owning everyone.

Sadly, I still can’t figure out exactly how it (selig) works.

this is your hypothesis, not fact. blizzard on the other hand the ones who have the servers, data and created the game can look at everything that is going on and determine what is actually happening say its some interactions occurring with selig…sorry but i will take their word for it over your assumptions.