Season 2, First dev notes looks good so far

After hearing most of the changes and new stuff coming to S2, I think it ignited my interest with the game again. I stopped playing actively since the first week of September. These changes look promising. I can’t wait to hear part 2 of the dev notes next week and looking forward what they bring to Sorcs

I hope to add at least another 600 hours this S2 on top of my 1300 hours playtime.

5 Likes

i just joined in, i like many of the QOL things really. a lot of stuff many people asked for. lets see what else comes

2 Likes

hype is real. please buy premium battle pass!

2 Likes

Been writing down all the changes, honestly it’s looking good. There are still a few questions I would like answered, but this is a big step in the right direction honestly.

4 Likes

As someone who has soley banged on the devs the changes thus far all look solid.

NOW WITH THAT SAID its still the same as increasing prices by 500% then offering an 200% sale and smiling BUT they are trying so im in.

1 Like

Some good QoL changes for sure like inventory mgmt and less junk items dropping, but little worried that content is going the way of being overly easy.

Shocking isnt it, how voicing opinion strongly and boycotting does wonders !!! Now i am really interested in the oct 10 livestream about class changes !!!

2 Likes

Lots of good QOL changes coming for S2, LETS GO!!

First part yes, second has no effect or is just not needed, imo. People understand feedback

You have no proof any of the hysterical crying amounted to anything. All the changes were most likely going to happen from the normal civilized feedback.

4 Likes

Diablo 4 going on Steam…

Yes increased the ilvl of all items and you level 40% faster, neither a good change imo specially without increasing the difficulty cap.

2 Likes

You wrote them down? That’s dedication.

1 Like

When the memes become reality

LOVE most the changes, very happy about them.

The only things I REALLY don’t like are:
-Experience being HEAVILY boosted. My chars already hit 100 before they even get the unique I’m looking for or correct item affixes. The only fun I have is on the WAY to 100 so hitting 100 even sooner=the fun stops sooner (for me).
-A few of the updated NM sigil affixes to me are worse than the original version where they took them away due to player feedback. IE: Backstabbers. I never had an issue with the original version but now you’re stuck being vulnerable for a while by X(tier level) amount. SO when they bring this newer version back, I WILL be deleting them whereas before I did not. A few looked great though, like the change to Lightning Dome.

-Not sure how I feel about another season where I have to fiddle with sockets in items and get them just right. I’m willing to suspend my cynicism and see how it goes though.

Very eager for the class & damage bucket updates being streamed on the 10th!

Helps me gather my thoughts when I see it on paper is all.

1 Like

yep it go nice, but …
it missing matchmaking :sleepy:
I want joint random peoples for donjons.

You taught me something today. I realize what you meant but I looked up “donjons” just for fun to see if it really is something and it is!

Origin of the word is french.
" donjon, or keep, Most heavily fortified area of a medieval castle, usually a tower, to which the occupants could retire during a siege . It contained a well, quarters, offices, and service rooms"

1 Like

There are some good changes in there.
The boss stuff sounded good overall.
So did improvements to Helltides and Whispers.

The stash search is very needed.
NMD affix changes seemed positive. Very glad they are trying to improve instead of remove!
(shame they arent doing that for the dungeon objectives however…)

But the core design pillars of the game all seem to be crashing down.
Faster lvling, increased item power, lowered enchantment costs.

It doesnt matter much that you add new content, if you also make the content meaningless by making the game be over in 10 hours D3 style.

Yep.

4 Likes

maybe if it comes from diablo sponsored content streamers, i might though. Which is kinda unfair imo, but not surprising. They obviously watch them.

Content creator biased is the problem there, they all streamed d3, and is more core than D2 players that, will never leave D2 lol,
Yeah i think reaching 100 with seasonal xp urns was fast enough even too fast.
so might be a mistake, clearly they have different opinions internally also, and people would get out voted sadly.
Hopefully they make tie breakers fun, winner needs to beat a difficult n/m dungeon or win mortal kombat or something, at least then, the change good or bad was earned hahaha thats how i would decide it