Scattered Prisms Bizarrely Rare?

Right? How the hell did they break legion chests???

Yea, I JUST came here to talk about this.

They’re entirely too miserly a drop rate.

Every single world boss or uber boss should be dropping like 2 or 3 of them

I’ve killed 3 world bosses today.

I’ve gotten ONE prism…

2 Likes

2 days in and you dont have everything you need for your character?

Oh, no.

Legions? Treasure goblins? Still supposed to be from legendary gear

I try not to say I have 698 Scattered Prism now In my Eternal character as it sounds trolling :grimacing:

I just did a legion on seasonal server, and did indeed get one, I know the sample size is small.
But now I have 2 whole prisms. :joy:
In 10 minutes I will have a 3rd.

Seemed to be “fixed”. I got one prims from each of my first world boss kills.

I got 5 prisms from the 3rd and latest world boss kill

True, which is why I didn’t mention that, but it is nice to not have to wait for them to drop (seasons first week or so) as if it were an uber uniq (plenty of people boast about those), and being that this season one has a choice, then that’s “what people signed up for (when you want to start from scratch).”

1 Like

Seems like those helltide events with baneful hearts might be good sources to pick up some extra ones.

@Irres, try not to spend all those prisms on that Tyreal’s Might you’ve been holding back on. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

No its the WearBear chest piece. I get an additional guaranteed overpower, some resistance, and +3 ranks in WB skills. Hard to give up on this one…eventhough I would prefer to use non-unique tempered stuff.

the “+3-4 spirit per second” affix on helm & boots actually allows me to drop Tibaults.

I’m level 61 and have like 7 of them but yes mostly from WB’s.

Yeah, the prisms need to be added back into some drop tables or something because never seeing one outside a world boss is pretty awful. Takes like 2 days of fighting them every time they spawn just to ensure you have sockets on all your gear, which makes for a very interesting leveling experience, devoid of any gem use unless the sockets rolled on the gear from the start. I think they’ll patch in a fix soon enough, there’s no way they haven’t heard the complaint from players or noticed it themselves as they level their own chars this season. :v:

I’m level 93 and have a total of five. I’ve yet to create a single socket on an item because the opportunity cost is too great. Only from world bosses so far. I shifted my schedule around to make sure I could hit the world bosses when they came up. I thought they didn’t want people to do things like that to progress?

They seem crazy rare, I socketed a random ring cause I’m used to having a bunch of them without even thinking about it. I sure regret that now lol.

Yeah. I’d say it has to be a bug, like maybe they’re still meant to be dropping from the Treasure Goblin or whatever, but they’re not.

I am now level 72 and I have 10, only because I started focusing on Legion events to get them. Before that, I only had 2.

It takes more than 10 to add sockets to all of your gear. Once. Also RIP Barbs, who need even more :joy:

It seems completely unreasonable to never be able to use these until you are sure you won’t be swapping out your gear much anymore.

1 Like

Good to know I can at least pseudo-farm them in legions. I’ll probably just roll light on sockets for awhile until I really find some like two-or-more greater affixed gear.

Do you want to get everything in 1 day? Remember how rare ramaladnis gifts were in d3. I like that at least something is a bit harder to get in this game.
I am not playing much and got 7 already. so no, it is not that rare

Yeah, it definitely helps being able to get them via Legion events, but it’s not guaranteed (sometimes you don’t get them, but usually you will, in my experience so far). But it’s also not reasonable to have to be doing Legion events every time it comes up, I don’t want to be micromanaging that, and it’s still not enough supply anyway.

1 Like

I think people just want the ability to be able to engage with the systems that are there, and actually add sockets and gems to items, at all.

I think that’s a pretty reasonable request tbh.

2 Likes

I agree, I was hoping Blizz sort of learned this lesson when important boss mats were locked only in helltide and also helltides weren’t on perma rotation back then either.

It’s nice to be able to get things from lots of places. It’s okay if an activity is the primary way to get a material but it sucks when it’s the only way.

I always say - I should be doing content cause I want to do it, not cause I have to do it.

1 Like