S5 PTR - MAX DAMAGE PTR ranking Season 5 - Quadrillion, trillion, billions of damage

Yup, the numbers all check out.
ALL ‘Top’ Damage in this game is beyond absurd and ridiculously high.

1 Like

Wouldn’t know. Can’t get most of the uniques in the PTR to test them.

i agree with most you are saying, but rob is often contradicting himself. If u watched his t8 solo attempt of that new dungeon he wants it as hard as possible. even saying hard is good and stuff.

So what he really wants for the game isnt clear, i believe he doesnt really care about its balancing and other classes are in the dumpster as long as he gets to play enough op builds and showcase stuff to increase his view count, since thats his job, and earns his money.

So those those balance talks are mostly show, and trying to make himself looked informed, which he is. But imo he cares very little about actual game balance.

3 Likes

You could be right like I said I don’t watch him that much, I have just heard him say he thinks other classes need to be brought up. But yeah keeping barb like it is, implies he wants 95% of the game to be super easy.

1 Like

Season 5 needs to be delayed, just extend season 4 for another couple of months until this trash heap is fixed. They don’t have enough time to do what they need to do here.

2 Likes

pretty sure the top 3 are bugs and bottom 3 are just examples of the ridiculous multiplicative dmg scales they added with the new uniques… you know the ones like they said they didnt want in the game, BiS general uniques for every class like tibaults will

1 Like

Not a Rob follower either. However, when hes posting videos lately stating that both Druids and Sorcs are in a better spot hitting for Quadrillions of damage and Barb needs to be buffed, it’s a pretty bad look. He knows, along with everyone else, that those are both bugs and that Barbs are the de facto best class in the game unquestioned for multiple seasons running.

Facetious or not, you can bet Blizzard listens to feedback from certain streamers more. That in itself is another problem entirely, but I digress.

2 Likes

I understand what you are saying however

Rob’s a barb main right? What’s a barb main going to say?

I think it’s what I expect from Rob no less.

The classes should be balanced, however barb did in the prior 4 seasons should have no bearing on this.

I’m a druid main, I want barbs to have equal power, I don’t want barbs to roll a druid to get mats. I had to roll a barb to get matts for my druid. That’s uncool. Just because I did it doesn’t make me spiteful or feel entitled in a way that I think barbs should suffer for next 4 seasons.

Barbs will advocate for their class to make it balanced when they are under powered. Everyone does this. People ask for nerfs for the overpowered class and buffs for the underpowered.

2 Likes

can we for once in this games life have an S tier sorc build that isn’t reliant on bugs and or dev over sight? will there be time when the devs and players alike are fine with it instead of always whining for nerfs? jeez. they really need to fix bugs like crown of lucion quickly instead of letting it linger for a week or more.

1 Like

looked into this a bit more, just saw a rogue do 22 BILLION damage without even any tempering, literally brand new to PTR with no buffs just the baseline gear, does 22 billion damage.

I get it, PTR is for testing, but this is bad lol. I saw rob’s flay build hitting for 461, yes 461 billion damage. I think a druid also did something like 22 trillion damage or something lmao like…

We know they can’t code stash space, but this game is a dumpster fire I mean wowzers.

3 Likes

Yes and given with all these bugs - we don`t get another PTR before S5.

Good luck on this season class bug fest. Never they can figure out this class imbalance bug fest.

Just call it Barblo 4 and delete all classes except Barbs, then you dont need to fix multiplier formulars or work on any caps/uncaps.

D3 is here boys!!!

1 Like

So much for balance :roll_eyes:

Sounds like they need to fix a bunch of stop and re-ptr.

PTR over, no further patches or notes.

Now we can just hope they read all the forum posts, reddit and discord and tracked all the hundreds of bugs of interaction for each skill of each class and fix them in S5.

I will be back posting here for comparison dmg bugs once S5 goes live.

EZ to fix just nerf a bit sorc and buff barb and all will be ok

There is another possibility. He was given the task of playing for another class and now he does not understand how to complete the task, which is why he said that the barbarian was too strong to balance the odds. He doesn’t want to play like Mekuna this season.

I know I’m a bit late but you need to take Rob’s clips with a grain of salt. That rupture hit was using “legacy” flay duration gear that allowed him to stack an insane amount of bleed plus he was using perfect 3GA items that mere mortals have zero chance of obtaining. It simply won’t be possible once S5 goes live.

I’m curious about that rogue, though. What build was it? Do you have a link?

was probably the new item with the totems. That has a bugged interaction. If u hit it fast enough, what rogues do best, u can make it double/triple dip its dmg to epic proportions. Wudi was saying this in one of his streams.
But Rogue in general is also a bit overtuned compared to the other classes, exccept barb who outclasses rogue, and needs some changes here and there. But im no expert so i trust wudis judgement here.

Math can solve the bugged damage spikes. I did it, and I’m just a person on the internet…

Calling this soft cap system monster resilience. There’s lots of examples in the post, but my favorite is the 10,000 cap that gets 4 quadrillion damage thrown at it. The formula turns 4 quadrillion into about 126,000.