S5 New game mode SLAY THE INFERNAL HORDES

Hi all,

I just wanted to start a thread to mention that I am not impressed by the way the new dungeon or game mode, “Going Back to Hell,” is introduced. It’s supposed to be a step forward in your progression (milestone - Epic moment) and deserves a better introduction than just copying the framework of the Nightmare Dungeon.

I believe that a small story could be introduced during Season 5 leading to the gate of hell. I know Blizzard likes to recycle content, so they could reuse the dungeon that leads to Lilith at the end of the story or the dungeon with Mephisto. Once completed after the first time you got a TP to travel there to ‘‘farm it’’

TLDR: making “Going Back to Hell” feel like a Nightmare Dungeon doesn’t seem like much work was done to introduce that mode. I believe that the mode deserves a better introduction and presentation.

Regards,

What we seen was just content that’s going to be tested on the PTR. There will be a separate season 5 stream. The patch notes do mention a quest to kick things off which may better introduce it.

1 Like

All in due time my friend. Be patient, wait for S5 to actually come out, not just the PTR, and we’ll see what the theme is as well as the gimmick.

We’ll have a launch party for S5 don’t worry.

May I please join you I will bring the BBQ ribs.

1 Like

This is literally what Daniel Tanguay said yesterday. He does say it quite quick but he does say “after a brisk seasonal questline, you will unlock the activity to hell” or something along those lines.

Unfortunately, it also does kind of sound like S5’s questline will be another short one, like it was this season. Potentially no seasonal powers again either, as there wasn’t a seasonal “tab” in the character screens in any of the footage they showed yesterday. Could be that what they showed yesterday is just the PTR build, and the seasonal powers and questline were removed in that build but I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Feels like a cursed chest event

Except this is not a seasonal mechanic, so any questline will be a short questline that you can do in Eternal also, separate from the seasonal questline.

The season theme is probably going to be something along the lines of ‘Return to Hell’ or ‘Mephisto’s Lair’ or something.

We’ll likely run into NPCs that have witnessed the control that Mephisto has on people, and have to kill enemies controlled by him, and perhaps even follow him through more portals etc… before finally fighting him as a new End-game Boss with a new loot table.

You probably just need to hit WT4, maybe level 70, and speak to a dude in town to unlock the new event.

I base my information via The PTR information

Helltides were only the beginning of the horrors lying in wait. Confront seemingly endless waves of Hell’s Legions in the Realm of Hatred, as the Infernal Hordes grow more powerful with each passing day.

• The Infernal Hordes is an activity where you slay hordes while earning Burning Aether to unlock powerful weapons and rewards. Successfully slay the Hordes and you’ll be able to fight the powerful Fell Council.
  • Enter the Realm of Hatred by using an Infernal Compass
    • Hell Compasses can be found by defeating Endgame Bosses, Helltides, Nightmare Dungeons, and Whispers.
    • A Hell Compass will be granted to you upon completing the newest Eternal quest.

We all understand that you need to complete ‘‘Eternal Quest.’’ I would appreciate it if you didn’t teleport in the same way as in Nightmare Dungeon. It would be better if a specific location, such as the “Gate of Hell,” was added in the actual game that the Eternal questline leads to. Once the quest is finished, you should be able to teleport over there and enter the Gate, rather than being able to teleport from anywhere as you can with Nightmare Dungeon.

it’s like echoning nightmare
i wonder what’s next
Kanai’s cube?
They should just release d3 remastered, it may actually be more fun

The Gate of Hell already exist in the game, it can be found in Caldeum where we entered Hell last time.

Blizzard did reuse the Ancients city from the campaign for Zyr. Why they are not reusing Caldeum’s gate? Do they have future plans for it?

Many people hate the 5 minute season quests.