Rogue Caltrops Change

Will be really cool to see an aspect to remove the leap back on caltrops and add cold damage over time, being able to use it as a cold trap instead of the traditional poison trap adds on more gameplay and synergy with many aspects and builds

Thanks

1 Like

It already does chill…

The backwards leap should be removed and replaced with a targeted cast at the cursors location within a radius of the character. It would also be nice if the damage bonus from both caltrops and smoke grenade worked on bosses.

It does but chill is not DOT is just a crowd control effect, via an aspect you can completely change to a damage over time cold trap similar to poison trap, and remove the leap back, this is what my post is aiming for

Thanks

Says caltrops now deal cold damage and chill - think you may have a larger issue with how cold damage works in the game if I’m understanding that you want cold to be a DoT now. I get the complaint about the jump back but some may like it if playing range builds.

I get the leap back is a little awkward but I kinda like it. It makes the move look flashy and feel good to use. IMO the skill should also look cool and not just do its job. Most of the Rogue skills look a bit bland to be honest.

1 Like

I can understand wanting skills to look cool or flashy, but as a melee rogue, it throws you out of range, removes character control for long enough to be killed, and if you don’t use it in a deliberate fashion can throw you the wrong way or won’t cast due to a lagging game engine it feels

If you jumped back far enough where a dash would put you back in the same spot I would like that tbh, quickening fog is so hard to use at times. Although grenades in general have the smallest hit zones ever, why can’t rogue have skills with bigger AOE. Corpse Tendrils has massive reach.

Does it bothers you so much that others request a change on how an skill works?, I understand how cold damage works on the game, you probably have a problem to comprehend what others write on forums

Chill and Damage is not the same as DOT, what I’m asking is a Damage over time trap similar to poison trap, not a multiplicative damage trap as how it is now, at least without the leap back will be better as well

Thanks

Don’t know why you’re getting heated, if that’s the change you want, I feel like you’d have to recommend a similar change to cold imbuement or maybe I’m not seeing the synergy your recommended change would bring for how Rogue could build around a cold DoT. I guess you could run Scoundrels Leather and hope to get a bunch of cold caltrops.

I also like the leap backwards. But I’m not a fan of the game forcing lengthy animations that reposition the character without iframes. Just way too easy to die when you lose control of your character.

I think it would feel a lot better (and get fewer complaints) if the leap back gave 1-2 seconds of 50%+ damage reduction and unstoppable, so you could use it as a legitimate cc break or defensive ability while leaving behind a little surprise for the enemy.

1 Like

the backwards leap is cool.
Just shadow step and caltrops. It never does wrong.