Rod Fergusson is incredibly out of touch

I’m not talking about if the race is for me or not, I’m talking about if there is an advantage to getting access to the full game up to level 100 and 4-days early access.

To me the answer is yes. The advantage is clear and obvious.

If you are happy participating in races where certain racers get a head start or get to run the course ahead of time, then go for it. I would think most reasonable people, even if they are one of the people with the advantages would feel that the race is less “competitive” than if the rules were otherwise. Winning this would be what most would call a hollow victory.

But some people like unfair competitions and feel like them winning it is a real achievement. Those people are deluding themselves. Delusions can lead to happiness so whatever, I don’t care but what I’m saying isn’t false.

When season 1 starts everyone will have had time to experience the story, level up and will be on the same page. It’s a month away.

Yeah, feels like a fair starting point.

No competition in life is ever fully fair. Thinking that it is will just make you unhappy and argumentive.

You either commit to trying or you don’t. Pick one and come to peace with it and you’ll be happier.

Except this is a game and we can change the rules easily to make it fair. Crazy.

1 Like

Not close. It’s a game based on randomly generated monsters with random affixes. At least one competitor will get ganked by the butcher. How is that a fair competition?

One of those competing might have a medical emergency during the first week. Fair to them?

This is where I roll my eyes at you. :roll_eyes:

First, in game mechanics are all “fair”. You get what you get in game and that’s the way it is.

Second, there will always be outside factors that can influence an outcome. A competitor can literally drop dead. Does this mean we just allow runners to jump into cars to skirt half the race? Nope. We try to keep games/races as fair as possible. Why? Because otherwise the race has no meaning.

Your arguments are thin and weak.

1 Like

The whole race is designed for people that no-life D4, maybe even share the account on top of grouping.

Keep showing up with your pitchfork when things aren’t going your way, maybe one will work out for you.

I’ll keep looking for things that make me happy instead of trying to bend everything to fit me.

The funny thing is; the white knights are the 1st ones to jump ship when they realize they were wrong. lol. I remember back before D3 launched, there was a legion of them saying the AH would be good for the game, online only would be good for the game, the bland/lame legendaries would be good for the game, the impossible Inferno difficulty would be good for the game, etc, etc, and then 90% of these people just vanished when they actually saw the game was a (literally unplayable) mess.

I’ve been debating that. Like, run the campaign on SC, because you can easily breeze through that significantly faster on SC than HC. Sure, you’ll be 30-40 levels behind, but it will probably only cost you maybe 15-20 hours at most is my guess.

If you play really safe, you probably wont have to do the SC run first. Depends how confident are in your skills and current damage output.

You could also watch a streamer and if they get to a boss first, watch the mechanics of it ahead of time.

Good luck on your HC run!

1 Like

I thoroughly understand where you are coming from mate, but I have to ask what you do for a living? I gather you are a programmer or software developer.

This game is targeted at the general population so even at the basic level people can enjoy it, however, it also caters for hardcore players.

I have played the Diablo Franchise since it’s release and have seen all the good and the bad. I have played thousands of hours which I probably could have put to something else.

I would never give up work just for the launch of a game. It’s going to be the same game 1 day later or even 1 year later.

If you are not a software developer or programmer, my suggestion would be to become one and design a game just like you talked about

People here is just looking for excuses to get outraged, nothing one can take serious.

We are tired of streamers messing up our games for their own financial benefit.

1 Like

It would make much more sense to have this competition start with Season 1 instead of a paid early access…

Hopefully someone gets on twitter or reddit and tells him this, cause im 99% sure he doesnt visit or check on the official D4 forums lol.

Intresting when did streamers ever tell devs to mess up their game? I think a lot of people have to much fantasy when it comes to content creators.

actually it does most of the time.
look at die and retry game like binding of isaac : information is usually the best weapon by far.
not to that extent but it’s the same for any game.

If you care so much about a dumb contest, then buy early access.

Otherwise quit crying. Old news, another tired, repeated thread topic.

1 Like