Rip my eternal barb

oh it will , i have not much doubt about that.
every diablo expansion also had a new range of item power after all.

1 Like

true that one was strange.

But i think they are learning, they just do still make alot of mistakes that are avoidable with a bit more insight into the genre. The process is very slow, which is a bit off a bummer for a company as big as blizz.

1 Like

Agree constant back and forth.
Headless chicken running around applying band aid

1 Like

Until this game matures enough that it doesn’t need massive overhauls, ‘eternal’ is anything but.

1 Like

I desperately hope you’re right. And actually I’m planning to do a Hota barb right away in PTR when it’s live to see how bad it got.

I’d be totally satisfied if the Hota barb is at the same level of a ball lightning sorc or lightning druid, I’m not asking for anything more than that, I just want it to still be viable in endgame content.

1 Like

I see people whining about the barb’s arsenal feature (having 4 weapons, though 2-3 are stat sticks), but what other class loses resource without spending and ends w/ 0 and has to go melee to get more?

If they’re going to be nerfing barb back to zdps status, then make it so resource doesn’t disappear.

and thats why you play seasons. Have fun while theyre strong before getting nerfed to the ground and land at the eternal graveyard

Or Eternal punishment. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Barbarian players try not to cry because target farming uniques takes 4 seconds longer (impossible)

The game has an Eternal mode and all characters end up there eventually. So Eternal is meant to be played and enjoyed. The problem here is not with the players, but with the game.

Hota and Charge will both still be very powerful. I have 1 base point into Charge and only use one Aspect for it, Ancestral Charge, and it near always one shots everything but a boss in NMD T100. I’m guessing I can move things around and mitigate the base damage loss.

Eternal just prevents that your character doesnt get deleted after a season, its not really ment to be actually played still some ppl think it should. Their focus are seasons and this is where the fun is before blizz decide to delete the fun

oh cool hota nerfed by orders of
magnitude

POP POP!

Barbs can no longer afford 4 seconds longer due to Tibault nerf down to 1 second. 1-shot or bust! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes and no.

Eternal is more of an alternative to seasons, not the primary pull for playing Diablo IV. It is a vault for your heroes and a way to play the game when you aren’t personally interested in the current season’s mechanics. But seasons are still the reason you play.

Jokes aside, this is why I hate “tier lists” and stuff

No build or class should so vastly overperform. And the other problem is what that happens - people will QQ and just say other things be buffed - disregarding the blatant powercreep tbh

If it’s not meant to be played, why do we have updates and characters ending up there? Are you supposed to just look at your characters and not play? You make no sense buddy. Of course Eternal is meant to be played, it’s literally the only game mode we had before any season and that’s consistent across all seasons.

So play it is. Your answer is not “yes and no”, it’s “yes”, Eternal is meant to be played, and if people didn’t enjoy playing it then they wouldn’t play it.

Edit: you guys are really trying hard to justify that one of the main game mode of the game is not actually meant to be played. It’s not because you enjoy seasons more that people don’t have the rights to enjoy something else. The game mode is there, all characters end up there, people play it, it’s active, it gets updates. Of course it’s meant to be played, otherwise why the hell would it be in there? Do you often go to a restaurant and when you try to order the waiter tells you “sorry, you can only order what we’re advertising actively, not what’s in the menu”?!

:rofl:

The rest of the classes are now playing the world’s smallest violin just for the barbarians.

you just dont get it. I try one last time. Everything new is coming to seasons and is supposed to be played there. After the season end, your character ends on the graveyard. Ppl would hard cry if they character just gets deleted so they just put them into eternal but its not where everything new also suppose to be and not all season themes will end up. If you still dont get it, i dont even care

Yes, absolutely, I agree with that, but Eternal is still intended to be played. Eternal gets updates after the seasons, like the malignant rings, vampiric aspects, etc… so of course it doesn’t get the new seasonal content when it launches but delayed, so it is absolutely meant to be played. And that’s what we’re complaining about :slight_smile: