Why was the legendary node ‘Danse Macabre’ made so useless? 10 seconds for just one hit is a joke!
Can you be more specific? Danse Macabre has not changed for quite a while. There are no changes listed for it in the S15 patch notes, or the most recent upcoming patch.
As before it says this in game:
Danse Macabre
Casting a Mobility or Subterfuge Skill increases your damage by 60%(x) for 10 seconds.
Is there a bug or an issue with it in practice? There are none that I’m aware of but please do give details if you have them.
If it does what it says, it’s 60x unconditional boost to all damage which is very easy to maintain with 100% uptime, so it’s difficult to understand what the complaint is here.
The damage boost is no longer granted globally for 10 seconds. Instead, it only applies to the next action taken within a 10-second window. Tested this with Heartseeker.
Yikes. We can only hope it’s a bug and will be fixed if you report it, because that sounds awful. Given there’s no patch notes about it, and the description wasn’t updated, it almost has to be a bug, right? Right? ![]()
If it was intentional, that’s a really insidious stealth nerf.
I’ve been testing it on the training dummy with Heartseeker, Concealment, and Dark Shroud for about 40 minutes. I’m fresh into lvl 70. Without DM I’m striking for about 9k minimum; with DM it’s 14k minimum. I was noticing consistent damage falloffs at the 8 second mark, so it might not be working for the correct duration.