[Resolved] Save your GPU, cap your FPS even with high-end models

GPU utilization goes up when it has to render the highest quality character models.
You say you know this is the reason, but you’ve been crying about it for days.
Play in low quality textures and move on with your life.

That’s the problem isn’t it. You only read the title. You don’t even have to read 150 comments when it’s literally in the original post.

LOL guess what I have tried low texture setting and it doesn’t change it. Again, this is a game issue.

The tl;dr version of your OP is Blizz is looking into it and it’s an isolated instance. If reducing your frames helps, great.

My opinion is don’t set it above your monitor’s limit. I didn’t say it had to be 144 or 145.

no games are 100% bug free especially at launch, d4 obviously have performance issues for many players, some even are not aware of it

I understand that and that’s why I am trying to inform others and have been active in the Technical Support sub-forum. The issue here is that some people like Errant is intent on arguing that it is without a doubt not a game issue.

1 Like

Because Blizzard engineers marked this issue as a nothingburger.

i think you have done a great job trying to tackling this issue for the community, just ignore him hes probably a chatgpt plugin and not even real human

1 Like

doesn’t sound like an issue at all to me actually. Your game is running fine FPS does not change. GPU stays within operating parameters.

That post is not addressing this concern because I stated multiple times that this isn’t a settings issue. This is also not isolated to RTX cards, which your thread is specifically pointing out.

You’re siding with someone wondering why their GPU utilization ramps up when the game is rendering the most graphically demanding player character model on the screen.

You do you.

1 Like

Needlessly and causing people’s game to crash.

Faulty hardwares crash, everyone else is having fun :slight_smile:
Take it up to AMD, NVIDIA, Intel, and their AIBs.

If you are going to quote Blizzard at least don’t cherry pick. Blizzard specifically stated that the game crashing is the GPU doing it’s job and the failsafe functioning properly. So try again.

Blizzard is in the business of selling cosmetics for Diablo 4, that’s a good reason the game renders the highest quality character when it’s appropriate to do so, like in the start up menu and inventory screen.

Blizzard were very transparent about D4’s MTX plans, pretty much everyone in the know bought the game knowing Blizzard would be selling cosmetics for this game.

Again, it is not normal for people to run their games at 50% and then suddenly crash when they open the inventory and their GPU hits 100%, but doesn’t crash if they increase the settings to run the game at 80-90 and doesn’t crash anymore when they open the inventory.

But, ull sit there and tell me that’s normal and intended.

Is your game crashing…

Mine isn’t I already told you that.

If the high quality character render is causing game crashes, the affected user’s hardware isn’t good enough to render the those scenes.
They’ll have to lower settings and/or set stricter frame limits.

so what does your complaints have to do with the game crashing.

He loves the attention. We should stop dealing with him because it’s a waste of our time.

GPU utilization goes up when the game asks the video card to render the highest quality character models.
Working as intended.