Repeatedly getting "Fenris" error crashing my game everytime

Whether im playing for 1 min or 30 min, my game will crash to desktop giving me the fenris error and a long code to use for communicating with blizzard. This was the code from my most recent crash: 2A792790-DE42-4C0D-8859-9F53ABA112A0

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled, ive googled it and tried the solution everyone else had, turned the graphics down, switched to 1080p from 1440p, checked my drivers, etc and it still crashes. If anyone could help that would be amazing. Would like to actually enjoy the game. :frowning:

2 Likes

I am getting the exact same symptoms. My recent crash: AAC15022-661B-4853-968C-706E8F4F1C5F

1 Like

Glad to know Im not the only one. Hopefully we can get it figured out soon

1 Like

i did the exact steps as you did to troubleshoot but I am not getting any results :frowning:

Same my game crash every 2-10 minutes, no help from blizzard , here my last crash code : 7721F9D3-57C3-4317-B550-7B8329338021

I have about 20 fenris crashes so far. It’s so friggin annoyin when you’re midway on a quest/dungeon for the game to crash and have to redo the same crap again.

YES. that’s one of the things stopping me from trying over and over again. Ive had to run back so many times

This is also happening to me. This game worked without issues when playing the betas but now im getting this error. i made sure there was no trace of Diablo 4 on my computer and then reinstalled it and still getting this error. Lets hope blizzard can find a fix for this soon.

Hi Guys. I had the same problem. I hope I can help. Go to Settings in game. It helped me to set “quality” under “NVIDIA DLSS”. Before every 30 minutes FENRIS. After that, not at all - for hours.
You might want to try each mode of DLSS. With “off” and “DLAA” I always had FENRIS every time.

Same issue, will just wait for a hotfix and try again…

Disabling XMP in my bios solved this for me, if your still looking for a solution.

Disabling XMP has done nothing lmao.

have the same problem. I constantly get “Fenris” errors and the game constantly crashes.
I’m running an
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor 3.20 GHz with aio water cooling
32.0 GB Ram @ 3200mhz
Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 3090 OC edition with 24GB gddR6x memory with open loop water cooling

I’ve tried running the game as administrator, I’ve tried updating my graphics driver, running the game on medium settings with nvidia reflex and dlss turned off and frame rate limited to 60fps and the game still crashes regularly in open world and in dungons causing me to lose progress. It does give me several “Fenris” error codes. So far there’s no word of a work around or a fix from blizzard. I’m not impressed after spending nearly $100 on this game!

Gettin the same fenris bug as you folks.
Here is the most recent crash code
E40E897C-6B5D-4EBF-AD66-BE0CDEC290FE

have same problem, tried every fix offered on forums, reddit. had no issues on beta

I’ve been getting this error since early release but not as frequent as it is right now. During the week of launch it was very minimal but since last Friday 6/9 - the game’s been crashing with the Fenris Error/Prism Removal Error/DXGI DEVICED REMOVED Error after 30 seconds to 5 minutes of gameplay.

My specs are Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz / 16 GB RAM / RTX 2060 Super

It is so annoying. Tried also every possible fix, nothing. But crashes mostly in dungeons. Its really sad :frowning:

even after new patch the game is still crashing. I’ve seen no reply from Blizzard whatsoever. the game is unplayable because we keep losing progress in dungeons and lose world boss instance, we lose nightmare dungeon sigils, etc etc etc. its so frustrating

That is normal for Blizzard.

same just got it with new patch. happens within 5 mins every time