Renown did not carry over into season 1

So I first made a new character for season 1 hardcore, played for a few minutes then realized I didn’t get renown rewards. I logged out to log in with my character with renown. After logging back into game with my seasonal, I still didn’t receive the rewards. Was there a deadline to do this? I did it all on season 1 release.

Afaik you were required to log onto your most progressed character first before making any other character in a season. Try making a second new character to see if it migrated over.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve tried it multiple times, it doesn’t carry over. I’m also starting to realize how crucial it was to log into the nonseasonal character first. Hope others don’t make the same mistake

It has to be a hardcore character that completed the renown.

is your renown in the eternal realms on normal or hardcore? They are not shared between each other, in case you decided to roll HC for season 1 but not eternal realms.

Also there’s no deadline and at any point you can log your normal characters to update the renown, logging in on a seasonal character first doesn’t matter (I forgot I hadn’t logged in my normal characters yet after logging into seasonal so I’m speaking from experience)

Isn’t it just the map and statues that carry over?

Map, statues, two and a half renown bars in each location which gives you xp, potions, and skill points to start with. It would incredibly suck to redo it all 100%.

Oh so it seems like it doesn’t matter if I make a seasonal character first or not, from your experience. Yes, I had hardcore character in eternal realms

I thought only the map, statues and the first two renown stages carry over.

The final two renown stages where you get obols and paragon bonus you have to grind again according to the Blizz campfire chat?

Correct, only map, statues and first two renown.
Thing is, I didn’t get anything so I’m trying to figure out if i messed up the steps or something

You have to claim them like you did before.

There was no deadline it should have been fine if you logged in today.

Remember it’s only your world map and lilith statues, so basically 2.5 levels of renown filled.

Log into your S1 character and see if parts of your map are visible that you haven’t been to yet, if so, you got all that they are giving you for renown.

Like manually? I did check for that but unfortunately there’s nothing

Yeah. Open rewards tab and hit the claim button.

Renown carries over as they said it would.

I did check for that, nothing to claim

You have to reach lv 9 for it to be claimed.

no

Weird, but sure I may as well play the game