Rejoining, Downloading, Excited | Level Set My Expectations!

Bought D4 at release. Played for a month. I did not like the level matching mobs where a lowbie could walk by and be somewhat helpful due to how the combat math is calculated to the baddies. I wanted to feel mastery over an area as a recognition of my progress in the game.

I wanted the loot to support more diverse builds. I was tired of the same affixes with very little hope of items unique enough to inspire those outlandish, effective, builds.

Today I decided to download the game and give it another shot. Although I previously hit lvl 50, I have not finished the main story.

Viewing things from the perspective of my experience, how has the game changed…and do you beleive it positive or negative?

Thank you.

Not realy changed yet. However season 4 brings big changes to itemisation and crafting, upgraded Helltide, and many balance changes.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/24078324/the-diablo-iv-season-4-ptr-what-you-need-to-know

This is PTR notes, but we will have a dev live on May 2. that will reveal the final patch notes, and the new season theme.

2 Likes

Starting with season 4 the game will change, would call it Diablo 4 v2, totally new itemization, with tempering, masterworking and greater affixes… the grind will be real, and very fun!

1 Like

Posted this in another thread, there were 4/5 reasons why game was bad

• Itemization does not evolve past lvl75 (arguablly gonna get fixed in S4)
  • Unbalanced mechanics and builds (fixed at S2 with damage-formulas update)
  • Running too long before anything poses a challenge (in other words mobs overnerfed for too long, problem introduced in S2)
  • Too much repetitve gameplay (NMD after NMD, then Boss run after Boss run, in S4 is gonna be arguably Helltide after Helltide, an improvement sure, but not addressing completely I’d imagine, so 0.5 problem/fix here I’d imagine)
  • Monsters stay the same too long and don’t evolve (not yet fixed, and I imagine they’ll do anything to not address this)

1.5 of them got fixed, 2 more about to get fixed in S4, but 1 additional one was re/introduced in the process of fixing. That is overall a Net positive, but to be frank reason #2 shouldn’t have existed in the first place, we’ll see… :slight_smile:

so, here my tip: Game is enjoyable for a pretty ok amount of time until you explore everything, and you get used to the gameplay loop. However, don’t be like me and expect to have a different experience at level 100. If you get bored at level 90, just play something else.

Nearly nothing has changed. Upcoming changes adress stat-bloat issues, but nothing else.
Balance still is bad, no real endgame, nothing to chase for, monoton grind and same build diversity.
If you want to play, wait for the next season, so its at least a bit refreshing.

1 Like

the next season and the so far announced changes are on the same date. Seasonal information is yet to be revealed.

1 Like

Yes thats what i said. Wait for the next season, because at the moment its still the super bad boring game it was 1 year ago. Next season at least removes stat-bloat and a new season theme, which is at least a bit refreshing.