Reconnecting to Diablo IV

This has been happening ever since the launch of the season and is getting very tiresome now. The first time I launch D4 every day it does this. It loads the game fine all the way to the character selection screen and then sits there reconnecting. If you press any button, the entire game just crashes and you have to launch the entire thing again for it to actually run and connect.

Fenris Error Code: 56AD9CEB-217C-4F4A-A86A-9FD60819D827

1 Like

This happens to me also. I have a ā€œreconnecting to diablo 4ā€ notice in the upper left of the screen. But if I do anything it dumps me to desktop.

1 Like

Me too
anyone know how to fixed?

I have also had connection issues, but I get dcā€™d everytime I portal after a dungeon or event and I canā€™t figure out any reason why. Iā€™ve tried reinstalling the game, updating drivers, flushing DNS cacheā€¦ i dont know what the hell to do.

This is still continuing to happen.

Fenris Error Code: C3AEEFDE-8DBA-4B94-A48C-631CDB9A135E

I get the reconnecting to Diablo IV too but I did find if you play the game at 3am or 4am I donā€™t seem to get that message this has worked on two separate days.

I donā€™t get crashes but ever since a few weeks I keep getting Reconnecting to Diablo IVā€¦ Blizzard please fix.

Still happening:

5B99E2C2-AED5-40EF-BB83-B917B9327F4B

Sameā€¦havenā€™t experienced such problem from day 1, only season 2. If I continue playing with ā€˜reconnecting to diablo 4ā€™ all portals on the map, etc dissapears, annoying.

And again

14B7A912-F7E3-43AF-A3A5-308960AC4EFD

I get the same all the time, after 30min-1hour of playtime sometimes even faster i get diablo 4 services reconnecting and suddenly after 15min playing with this my party disappears and everything on the map if I log out it throws me out of the game to desktop and have to load the game back to be normal for 30min to 1 hour but this is permanent issue it has random timer but it is happening all the time, blizzard any FIX ?

Update to Windows 11 or disable peripheral lighting effects in screen settings. I donā€™t understand why they list Windows 10 as a supported OS, when the game is in fact a Windows 11 title.

My PC isnā€™t good enough to upgrade to 11 unfortunately. I will check out the peripheral lighting effects tho.

I donā€™t understand tho how that will help as this is a recent thing - never happened until just after the launch of Season 2.

02EAAED3-9EA5-4D4F-885A-CB42E16DA830

0F124BF3-BC1D-4294-9873-F0184EAF7C21

38A9C814-258B-43A6-A0E1-AC1ED3709014

the game was built for Windows 11. The fact that it runs on Windows 10 is a miracle. It is such a fundamental update and it changes a LOT of how the Windows kernel works. You can shoehorn Windows 11 onto your PC with a registry edit, download the windows 11 installer and upgrade. You need to be running on a SSD as well. If you are trying to run the game on a Hard Drive, spinning rust, etc you are going to have a bad time. Thankfully SSDs are cheap and plentiful. They updated the hardware abstraction layer SO much that they are not the same thing anymore. Windows 11 may run Windows 10 and prior programs apps and games, but the same can NOT be said moving forward.

Blizzard really should change system requirements to hard require Windows 11 and Windows 12 moving forward in Season 3+. If your PC is too old to run Windows 11, Windows 12 is right around the corner. It is time to build a new PC. Windows 10 is going to be discontinued in January 2024.

A lot of people will not be happy.

Apparently I need to enable TPM 2.0?

Who cares if 10 or 15 windows 10 holdouts arenā€™t happy? Technology moves forward, this is a fact of life we all need to accept. If your PC supports TPM 2.0 which is highly likely if you built it within the last 5-6 years. All the way back to 8th gen intel and Ryzen 2000 series. Though if you do build a new PC for Diablo 4, I suggest going Intel and nvidia as AMD is known to have issues with the game. Just go into your BIOS and enable it. I am not trying to come off as heartless, but I have been begging for Linux support for the last 2 decades. I was told to use current version of Windows or stop playing Blizz games because Blizz doesnā€™t care about you if you choose to use older Windows. A LOT of people were VERY VERY upset during Burning Crusade when Blizzard randomly stopped supporting Windows 98SE with version 2.2.3. They were suppose to wait for Wrath of the Lich King and ended up breaking their promise. Nobody wanted Windows XP and it left a TON of players out in the cold. More than this would. I simply went to my local Apple store and bought a PowerMac G5 (big mistake at the time but I was young and stupid), but that played WoW for a very long time. Eventually Blizzard stopped supporting that too. You canā€™t expect companies to baby sit older OSes and old computers forever miss Sarah. I feel for you, I really do. I have been in your exact position several times. We all have to go through it. Now when there is a new Windows release, I simply build a new PC and if I can recycle a few older parts like a 2070 in my example. I will upgrade to a 50 series nvidia gpu and Intel Core Ultra with DDR5 ram and Windows 12. Holding onto old technology only nets pain, and they might fix it, they might not. The best course of action is to try to stay current with our hardware and OSes for various reasons.

Oh I donā€™t disagree, itā€™s just an observation. My PC is Intel with nvidia graphics card, only 4 years old so theoretically I should be able to enable this TPM thing. I am just hoping I can get a new SSD for xmas lol

Reboot and mash F2, Del, F10, F12 etc whatever your motherboardā€™s BIOS key is and find a listing for TPM, Intel Platform Trust Technology (IPTT) and enable it. You might need to do a BIOS update for your motherboard if you never did this. Best advice I can give is to watch a video on youtube on how to do this stuff. I use MSI for example as my motherboard. If yours is a prebuilt like by HP or Dell etc you would follow the instructions for that.

I will be here if you need me with my phone but I am going to go watch survivor 45. I will answer any questions on the commercial break.

I believe mine is ASUS - I would have to check.

1 Like

For some reason its not letting me post links in the forums, but:
F2/Del
Advanced
Click on ā€œPCH-FW configurationā€ and set it to Firmware TPM. If it has ā€œPTTā€ instead as an option after clicking on PCH-FW configuration, set it to Enable.