Reasons people are whining about D4?

People are whining about D4 because teenagers want to feel important and writing negative stuff about anything on the internet makes them feel like they are important and their opinion matter.

Just an hour ago I wrote on reddit that I loved playing Druid and it feels awesome and strong on Adventurer mode. My opinion doesn’t matter tho because “I play game on easy”. Welp :slight_smile:

I’d say D4 is using the same game shell as Lost Ark 100%, map system is the same along with everything in it, quest book text, cut scenes and dialog. Instead of creating something from the ground up they just bought the rights to use the same program as Lost Ark

D4 is brilliant

Are you really saying a dumbed-down ARPG that feels like…like it was designed for mobile, is brilliant?

It’ll be a critical success

No doubt it will be a commercial success, but critical success? I guess the bar is set VERY low…

I think it has more to do with the reasons why people play online games vs playing a single player game. I don’t play an online game for the story, voice acting, or immersion. I also don’t play single player games for their replayability or end game.

It almost feels like they have completely missed the mark on what sort of game they were making. Online games are not suppose to be trade limited. Otherwise what’s the point of it being an online game? Just to have random people pop in and kill a few monsters and scurry off?

Might as well be a single player diablo game, as it appears to be what the dev’s wanted to make. I bet you would have a whole lot less pre-order raging on the forums if they just admitted and accepted they made a single player game, not an mmo.

It’s online single player diablo. Coming soon to android and apple store.

Nothing about D4 makes it feel like it was designed for mobile. Nothing.

To say it feels like a mobile game basically smacks of pre-conceived ideas that you’ve refused to buckle on.

Nothing about D4 makes it feel like it was designed for mobile. Nothing.

HAHAHAHA!

Okay, sure…

• Linear skill trees
  • Linear gameplay
  • Linear level design
  • No overlay map
  • Visual indicators showing you exactly where to go
  • Visual indicators showing you what item to equip
  • Boring bosses with boring mechanics

At this point, the only thing missing is auto-walk. But hey, you are obviously the targetted audience so enjoy the game.

2 Likes

Can’t compare much yet, but it does feel like a downgrade sometimes, like all the running you are forced into just to get into another procedure-generated crappy dungeon (a.k.a rift in D3) instead of jumping into a portal from town just so that they can introduce mounts and sell them to you for $$.

2 Likes

well d4 isnt really a rip off of lost ark since lost ark is a rip off of poe which was a rip off of d2

d4 isnt really boring to me at least but this is going to depend on the person

d4 is going to be much harder when you get out of the newb zone aka beta zone

d4 is as close to diablo as we have got in ovver a decade

1 Like

D4 is useing d3 item special effect system to make your build. D3 item-enabling build system is famous to be one of the worst. Can’t imagine someone who played D2, D3 and Wow could make this item system for D4.

Literally all of those points are true.

I haven’t played Lost Ark though so your idiotic points there I don’t know about, though.

Well, obviously this is a Diablo game so it makes sense to call it such. But it is quite possibly the worst in the series and does not innovate substantially enough in good ways - especially considering they are charging $70+++ United States Dollars for this.

One thing I like in this game is that I was able to make characters that look pretty attractive and interesting. But in this top-down game you can barely see to appreciate them anyways. But yeah, they are prettier than previous Diablo characters.

1 Like

Why? Can you actually argue against his points? Because I sure can argue for them having actually played and felt every single point on his list… I mean you really have to be living in a cave to find the game fresh or inspired or even have a decent story. Its doing absolutely nothing new and is doing everything already done by other titles much worse… AND FOR MORE MONEY. But hey, you are free to pay and play.

I’d rate D4 in the following pros and cons.

Pros:

1. Visuals. Aesthetics are great. Realistic and brutal.

2. Combat is smooth. A good thing they inherited from D3.

Cons:

1. UI is not good enough. Need to be optimized a lot more for playing on a PC with a mouse. No buttons to click on opening inventory. When you check on stats, you will have to click on character, click another button, and then click another button, to see stats displayed in huge text. This is more like a console game. Make it more PC friendly.

2. Chatbox UI is horrible. When someone posted something, you can’t even click on it. Your character will move, instead. You will end up having to hit ENTER and then open the chatbox, and then type or link items. Again, this is not optimized for PC but it should be as most people play this game with keyboard and mouse. Even copying D3’s chatbox is better than this. BTW, the chatbox is also blocking my inventory. Need to reposition.

3. No group finder. Even Diablo Immortal has that. They should put that in.

4. Skills don’t have enough depth or diversity. The skill tree is an illusion. If you look at it, every skill only has 2 variations. What is this? Heroes of The Storm?

5. Skill tree design is bad. If you want to change something later, you’ll have to go back and redo some useless notes. Needs a major rework and more synergy. The current state doesn’t give you nearly enough diversity despite the complicated look.

6. Respec should be free and there should be an armory to help you quickly change spec.

5 Likes

Its true to a lot of people its really just two sides, one is sure its a fancy mobile game and the other claims its not. I havent seen the ones claiming its not give any reasons for it though but ive seen plenty of solid arguments for why it feels and looks like a mobile game. I can also tell you there is no way in hell Neoblizzard was making both immortal and another diablo game in parallel. I was quite sure when i heard about D4 it will be heavily based on immoral.

1 Like

To be fair, I actually felt like I was playing Lost Ark again when playing D4. The combat feels similar in many ways, especially as a sorceress (played a mage in LA too). I thought it was just me but seeing this post, apparently Im not alone in that.

I said it was too easy as well, but then realized Im dumb. There are numerous difficulty settings we cant access. Hopefully we can start a game at level 1 with a nightmare setting on release, because so far it really IS too easy, but as long as we can scale the difficulty for our taste Ill be happy.

D4 is boring in the sense that the story and world are really boring so far. The sidequests are boring and dumb. I barely even undersatnd what my character is doing in the world let alone why they care about Lilith or any of this and are willing to risk life and limb for some little girl they just met. I dont mind story driven games, it seems to be what Diablo is, but I have to wonder also why I need to make up so much head canon if the game is story driven? Maybe its not and I dont understand the genre…

The story… good god. Im already skipping every cutscene and all the dialogue, I just dont care and am not invested in anything going on in this world at all. I like sci fi and fantasy worlds and was in love with D1 and D2. I would think at this point they could write a masterpiece, especially with an M rating, but they went for the childrens novel aesthetic and it shows.

And it doesnt even make sense. A little girl watches her mother go insane and try to kill her, then watches her mother die in front of her very eyes, and shes like that meme… “Oh no!.. anyways…” and just keeps going on like nothing happened. You would think she would be, I dunno, traumatized? Horrified? Unable to communicate? That she would have a mental breakdown and run out of the cave? Nah, shes basically fine. Might as well have just stubbed her toe. Its absolutely awful writing and already I feel like they are making this little girl into some kind of mary sue.

Responded in quote, but apparently I need 20 characters outside of the quote.

“they aren’t true because I say they aren’t because I disagree with so many other people who are upset about this game and because I disagree with them their opinions are not true”

Fixed that for you.

Sorry to see you go after the free Beta… :wave:

You forgot the post from a day or so ago…

• Couldnt find any towns or shops in D4.

I’ll gladly add to the list.

• Game guides you to EVERYTHING. This is basically blind guy with guide dog simulator. Map pins feature tells you the fastest path to walk. Map quest pins tell you exactly where to go to find the NPC or quest objective. Dungeons are tunnels and never are an “open” design. There is literally zero ADVENTURE in this ARPG. No vague quests of “Go to the oasis and seek out this person” where you need to explore a zone to find something. The map doesn’t tell you where to go, it shows you. And pins will walk you there. And then more pins will show you were to turn it in. And who to go to next. Etc. It’s too much guidance and zero adventure.
  • The entire UI is straight out of mobile and console games. Nothing about this game says it optimzied for PC (read: keyboard + mouse). The map take up the whole screen and is not transparent to show combat or movement happening while it is up. Every menu (like the social menu) takes up the ENTIRE screen. Why??? Right clicking a friend in the social menu brings up a submenu that also takes up the entire screen. Why??? Honestly the D3 UI was lightyears better than D4. And chats??? Chats don’t hover over any menus (map, skill tree, social menu, etc.). The character selection screen??? D2 had a better character selection screen. At least in D2 (and D3) you could chat while in the character selection screen. You could create parties. The D4 character selection screen is literally a mobile game screen. No chat available. Can’t make a party. No menus are accessible. It is literally click your character and click play. WTF is that. The D3 character selection was WAAAAY better. You could access all menus and chat and join parties.
    Also, why the hell is the chat box on the right side of the screen lul. Can’t even move it.
  • More about the map: it’s not useful in towns. The colors are so washed out you can barely see where there are corridors and exits and stairs, etc. At least for the minimap in Act I.
  • The CONSTANT small petty crappy rewards. Killed 1000 creeps? BANNER, SIGIL, TITLE, BLAH BLAH UNLOCKED! You completed a regular event? Super title unlocked. Everything gives you these constant rewards. It feels like I’m watching my girlfriend learn a new language on Duolingo. After every lesson–“you earned 100xp”, “you earned an extra life”, “you earned the title of master”, and on and on it goes. Tons of these little rewards for stuff that takes zero effort. If you want titles to mean something, make the hard to get like feats of strength in D3. They should be something you have to seek out and accomplish something for, not just by walking through a zone and kill some creeps and BOOM you earned a reward. "You picked up the chalice from the table."100xp and quest notification. “You placed the chalice in front of the boss door.” 450 xp and quest notification. It feels SUPER mobile gamey.

For the love of GOD devs if any of you see this, do something for PC gamers. Make the UI/UX better for keyboard and mouse users. Diablo is a franchise built on dedication, blood, sweat, and tears of PC keyboard+mouse players. Don’t optimize everything for controllers. We need some love too.

I can get through my days easier knowing YOU are the authority on solid arguments.