Really 2 unique rings added to rogue?

In season 3 there is a Rapid Fire / Flurry Build that utilizes the Skyhunter bow. You take the 2x aspect of Repeating and you shift it over to your necklace. Granted Yes the 90% goes down to a 68%.

There are other classes that utilize a Unique for their 2h. Yes the 2x aspect slot is good I don’t think anyone here is saying its not. But if its so coveted then why make 2h uniques at all then?

Please tell me how many builds out there need to run the aspect of the might and or aspect of disobedience? Aspect of elements etc… the list goes on that are nearly apart of all builds just because they are that good.

The underlying issue is that some uniques just cant outweigh an aspect. I’m not saying characters need to be decked out fully in uniques, there needs to be a good balance between unique and aspects which frankly is not there. Remember blizzard did say “uniques would be build defining”

2 Likes

I haven’t invested as much time in Rogue as other classes. I have used this exact build, as well as various barrage/RF/PS combos. While I still have skyhunter equipped on my farming Rogue, it is NOT superior to my swappable crossbow with Edgemaster aspect for burst dmg. Especially when 1 shotting solo boss farmings with OP mechanics / BLT.

I am not saying skyhunter is useless, its a core Rogue item. But personally i d rather more flexibility with 2H weapon slot since unique item stats usually not as ideal. Unless the item is so good. TBH for how dominant GF is for barb, i d rather it is not there personally.

See here comes the thing though, are 1 shotting bosses fun? A good majority of these 1 shots have been linked to a skill or combination that was dealing more damage than intended.

I know you didn’t say it was useless. But how do we get to the point of more flexibility when only a handful of aspects seem to be ideal in the 2H spot? Sure there are alot of aspects that could go on that slot, but they typically aren’t ideal.

The thing about the Grandfather though its a Uber Unique. You’d have to expect it to be powerful. Just looking at it you get Crit Damage 100% out the gate, plus flat % damage, maximum health and all stats. But the thing though how easy is it to obtain? Look at Harelquin Crest (Shako) it basically replaces the Aspect of Might and then some. But again its a Uber Unique.

2 Likes

yeah uniques were always a bit strange. First barb and necro have 2 more in general so in s4 that means 38 for them while rogue, sorc and druid only have 36.

Also rogue is missing unique crossbows, sorc and druid unique offhands. While barb and necro have every slot covered.

if that eventually evens out who knows, but it would be better if they did.

1 Like

yeah wheres the bear skull totem thats turns wolves into a bear, maybe it like has a candle in it and its called like bear beacon…

and then theres like a beast Shepheard staff that lets you use companion skills while transformed…and then, sry been wanting to get these thoughts out there :stuck_out_tongue: