RE: Altars of Lilith

What’s peoples thinking on Altars of Lilith.
Should we get them as soon as we can IE: run the map to get then all?
As we find them only if they are near?
Or leave them for higher levels?

I say this as if the EXP. matches your level, getting them early may not be as good as saving them for high levels say 70 to get you more EXP. if that can get you say 4-5 levels

Snag em as you see them, but dont TRY for them until you get a mount.

If youre cool with not going 100% legit, use a tracker for ease, if you want to go 100% self found, cool, still wait until you get your mount. I PROMISE youll hate it less.

Playing the open betas without a mount was awful after having one through almost all of the closed beta.

6 Likes

Well I had my theories beforehand but I’ll just listen to what Maxroll recommends now since best practices like this are old news to them at this point. Sucks, but is what it is.

1 Like

I’ll probably grab the ones in the PvP areas right away so I never have to bother again, but other than that I’m going to wait until T3 to start exploring.

1 Like

I hear you there! As soon as I eligible I will be heading straight for that mount quest!

1 Like

Yessir. Im b-lining the campaign for it , zero side quests (while watching the content we havent seen, not skipping it), then doing dungeons I want aspects from for my build, then altars, then finishing the story, then doing the ocd completionist stuff, and then finishing the 100 grind.

1 Like

Get your main story, white quests, statues, and any orange text dungeons that you want the text from as you level.
Also get your extra potion slot every zone. While statues give more xp at higher level, so do mobs and dungeons.

1 Like

My plan is to get the ones I come across. After I get my horse and finish the campaign, I am just going to do a world tour and get them all.

I am wondering how much the legendary items/aspect scale with level because you get a few handed to you via the campaign, tempted to skip the main story quests until later in the game and see how the items look at a higher tier level. I def won’t be skipping scenes I would love to see the full story no matter how good or bad it is in 1 piece.

As for the statues no set plan just grab them as I see them.

1 Like

Im gonna be lame and mapgenie, since I already snagged them all solo in the closed beta. Not gonna torture myself again.

Id imagine the aspects are meh, and dont you have to complete the campaign before even getting to wt3? That makes any of them… basically garbage because youll start getting sacreds shortly after completion. Might as well get the aspects sooner and use them longer imo, its not like you wont find duplicates, frequently,once the grind starts

Since I plan to try and complete each zone before moving on, I’ll just have a map open on my other monitor with the locations and click on them as I’m near them. Yeah, takes the fun out of exploring, but I’m not much of an explorer and don’t really want to have to back track after finishing the campaign to get them all.

I know they said we only need grab em once, but do we need to do it in the Season 1 or does it still count in pre-season 1?

Either way just grab whats nearby as you quest/level up.

It’s one time per account. you don’t have to do it again in season 1 except if you want to use them for renown.

You could be right that capstone probably is tied into the story considering its boss.

Thats true will more than likely need the aspects to get from 2 to 3. I will for sure mapgenie it at some point once I get bored with randomly finding them. Quite a few good interactive maps for quests and statues about by the looks of it.

I would love to max out a zone and move on but no doubt I will be distracted by some random event and then end up on the other side of the map.

I still have the fastest dungeons to clear written down in each zone, specifically for doing renown. Since I will be playing hc, some of the renown from strongholds may just have to wait a bit, so… back to that grind too.

Well, part of my fun, will be to search for them all, without any guides :smiley:

I found only 8/28 in the open beta, but mostly because of the time limit :slight_smile:

Depends how you play.
I’m pretty thorough so I don’t run through regions just because an objective makes me. If I enter a region, I will explore it very well as I inch towards the objective.

However, I know players who run from point to point and don’t really care about exploring.

So it really depends on you. I’m sure many paths will purposefully lead you past them without even looking too hard, so definitely pick them up and those which require more exploring, I doubt it would tragically hinder you not picking them up right away.

Aftee you’re done the campaign, at least you have something to fall back to when you’re tired of grinding. :slight_smile:

1 Like

those +60 to all stats from the statues are going to help when you hit WT3 at 50 and your 1st paragon board

Nice!⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀