Ray tracing kills performance on Xbox series x

Just installed the patch and turned enhanced visuals on. Game got super choppy. Had to turn it back off. Just wanted to provide that feedback.

1 Like

Agreed it looks good but the drop in frame rate reminds me of when I play on the xbone

Was looking forward to the patch for Ray tracing but it absolutely sucks on xbox

1 Like

Its locked to 30 FPS.

Expecting this for a long time, but it’s unplayable.

Tried it for about an hour myself. In regular play, I found the visuals were better, but not drastically so. Interestingly, things look a bit sharper overall so I’m wondering if the internal resolution got a bump up.

The Enhanced Visuals mode also caps the game’s frame rate to 30 FPS, this is by design since ray tracing tends to be taxing. It feels exactly like the 30 FPS cap on my Xbox One X. It’s by no means unplayable, but obviously, 60 FPS is better.

Personally, I find the visual upgrade not worth the performance trade off, but it is nice to have the option for those who want it.

1 Like

I’m seeing dips below 30fps. Visually it’s gorgeous but they need to do some optimization because I don’t think anyone is going to want to play with ray tracing on with how choppy the game is (I’m playing on a series x)

Where are you seeing dips, as I’d like to test this myself if I can purely out of curiosity.

I’d be interested in reproducing the dip on Series X, and then seeing if it occurs in the same general spot on One X.