Ravenous ring question

Hello guys.
I am trying the charge HOTA build. Question: in such build which are the most importants stats on the ring of ravenous? I mean, not using the rend as a skill how much is important the rend increased duration ? Better 4 sec or not useful at all?

Thy for your answers!

+Rank to Brawler skill so charge has reduce cooldown.
+Critical Chance because it’s actually high.
anything else is a bonus

What boltbane said. There is no such thing as Charge/HoTA. You are using Charge as a conditional. Gain Unstoppable (with Tibaults gain Fury), gain Berserking (requires 3 points into Passive), apply Vulnerablity (Exploit, Accursed Touch or Mighty Charge - Power Charge is better for a while), apply Bleed/Slow, Stun enemies (with Concussion and Bludgeoning weapon assigned), engage enemies, disengage enemies, move around the map, gain Movement Speed (if using Ghostwalker), gives a weapon swap, group and knockback enemies.

Any damage from Charge is icing on the cake. While technically you could have +4 Rend/+4 HoTA on gloves, Evernight (+4), and Shako (+4) for a total of +12 to Rend, dumping 5 additional points into it for the damage isn’t worth it. Rend ticks for 5 seconds (longer with Ravenous) and in that time you will have HoTA smashed whatever it is 10 times over.

You can drop Berserk Ripping, or 2H Sword Technique, or the Bleed from Thorns since with Ancient’s Charge, you can reliably apply Bleed status to everything constantly.

Thx for the answer. But as for rend duration it is a bonus to have a t 4 sec or it make no difference at all because I m not using the rend skill…?

It depends on what you’re after. If you want the overall bleed damage done faster, then go for lower duration. If you want the bleed to take longer before it applies the total damage, then go for longer.

I like my mobs bleeding as long as possible; this give me damage reduction vs bleed and it gives me more time to react and hit the mob with Rapture (I don’t play HOTA).

It comes down to your playstyle and preference. I would think as a HOTA/Charge player you just want maximum damage done as fast as possible. So go for less duration. Rand itself already takes 5 seconds to run its course before the ring duration is applied on top of it.

Having the duration longer helps any Paragon conditionals you might have last longer without being refreshed such as:

• Damage to Bleeding enemies
  • Damage Reduction from Bleeding enemies

Which will be found in the Blood Rage board. Depending on how your boards work out, rather than taking Blood Rage Legendary Node as your last Board or as an offshoot, you can actually make use of the Glyph for a cheap source of Dexterity (the nodes are all together and not spread out).

Because you are HoTA though, it really does not matter. It is a slight Poison Pill if you focus on Rend and Bleed damage, but for HoTA you can disregard it almost entirely.

There is a “hit and run” playstyle with Charge/HotA. Use Charge to proc Ravenous. Smash with HotA until the health is low for bleed to kill monster. Move onto the next mob. Keep in mind that Charge cooldown can NOT go lower than 8 seconds.

Is that CD true if using Bear Clan Aspect also? Marshal? Hemmhorage? Hectic? Disembowel?

Yes sadly. I use Harlenquin Crest, Xfal, amulet, pants with +charge, it just won’t go lower than 8 seconds. Bear clan, marshel, disembowel does things differently. Those hasten the cooldown once the skill is used. Kinda like the vampire power. You should use those aspect and glyph to get the skill off cooldown faster.

I had this question also. I have one with 4 sec. and one with 2 sec. However the second one has maxed crit chance and other better stats. I use the 2 sec. one. I also just switched my 2hand axe to the granddaddy. I figured the duration didn’t matter much as everything dies in a second or two. I have the GF on charge and dual on lunging strike. Hota/charge

Easiest thing to do is unequip everything except for Ring of Ravenous and Grandfather.

• Use Rend on Training Dummy and count the ticks.

• Charge Training Dummy and count ticks.

• Unequip Ravenous and repeat same steps

I don’t think you are getting an extra 2 or 4 ticks of damage, but spreads it out over a longer period of time. If your Rend Bleed is 1,000 normally that is 200 a tick. Extending it for 4 seconds reduces the damage per tick to about 112 or a 44% reduction in damage. 2 second increase would be a 17% reduction in damage.

It would be awesome if the damage persisted an EXTRA 2 or 4 seconds, but that would be something good. Can anyone confirm?

Ran a few quick test on target dummy. One point into Rend. Slightly lower damage without the ring. No Exploit glyph.
With the Ring equipped. Longer duration. Similar bleed damage just last longer.
Could have some uses for Skullcrusher and Gushing wound.

Ohhhh so it does just give you free additional ticks of Rend. Thats good to know.