Rate These Builds In S5

Not sure out of all the streamer tier lists or Maxroll or Icy Veins who to believe anymore.

I consistently hear sorc still has serious issues on bosses, which is unfortunate.

Are any of these builds below S-tier? Or A-tier even?

• Chain Lightning
  • Incinerate
  • WW barb
  • Double Swing barb
  • Blood Lance
  • Shadow Blight (with and w/o Ebonpiercer?)
  • Chain Lightning
    C+
  • Incinerate
    B-
  • WW barb
    D-
  • Double Swing barb
    C
  • Blood Lance
    C
  • Shadow Blight (with and w/o Ebonpiercer?)
    F-

Source: Trust Me Bro Inc.

Also you have to specify what you want these builds to do. Speed-farming, Torment Boss Farming, Pits, Infernal Hordes, etc. Keep in mind all Tier Lists are highly subjective, and are theorized by having the best gear along with flawless gameplay. Chain Lightning might be amazing, but if you don’t personally like playing it, or can’t play it well as opposed to another build, it’s going to suck for you comparitively.

1 Like

What’s the criteria?

I’ll speak for Sorc based on what I have read and seen:

• Chain Lightning: B to A- tier
  • Incinerate: B tier
1 Like

Ya I heard CL is insane for the new league mechanic but for bossing not good at all.
Apparently we get more masterwork mats from the hordes anyway, which is all AoE mostly?

Surprised Incinerate might be somewhat good finally.

I’ve been waiting for blood buffs but I don’t want to be stuck in some CL scenario if I go Blood Lance and cant kill any kind of boss.

I keep hearing Incinerate is better now, but I still don’t believe it until I see its performance in Pit, Infernal, and Tormented Bosses.

It’s definitely BETTER than before but it’s like me saying if the passing grade is 60. It was 50 back in previous season and now it’s 70.

1 Like

They capped the paragon node too, iirc? Not sure if it’s even worth to stack crit dmg for Incinerate (which I actually hated as a dot build). But that node was powerful.