Random Client Crashes

I’m sure this has been reported numerous times but I’ve had crashes happening since day 1. My system is fairly new(I built it for New World in 2019) with a 3090 in it. Though I have 32gb of memory and 24gb of vram. I still have the feeling it’s related to memory issues or some sort of memory leak because it happens most often when exploring large numbers of zones and zoning in and out between them.

If I stick to one area for a long period or restart client before switching too often it basically never happens or takes hours before it happens even once.

Anyways, I had a good time with Diablo 4 while it lasted. I played hardcore from the moment server went live for pre-release. I died to butcher at level 8 within the first 15 minutes server went up on hardcore to lose my 1st character. My 2nd character with 900+ hp and 500+ barrier at lvl 47 died in 1 hit somehow to a Thundering Balrog while helping a friend through the final campaign dungeon in the burning hells.

Those 2 I was able to accept because they at least happened while I was playing but just now my game client crashed for the 200th time since release, immediately after it crashed Diablo 4 started updating, and when I finally got back in my character was gone at level 57. I crashed approaching a pack of regular mobs not a boss or even an elite or champion.

I had a feeling this would be how I end things with Diablo 4 but just wanted to report this and also throw in a few suggestions.

I enjoyed exploring the most, I had 2000+ renown in every area except 2 and those 2 were at 1800+. I was at 80-90% completion with side quests in every area and the only ones I didn’t have were random drop quests.

I reallly enjoyed those aspects of the game but I don’t want to start again on softcore because of the necessity to re-explore every aspect of the game for every character. Some of the benefits roll over if I were to remake on hardcore but if you want to finish unlocking the 2000 renown rewards you have to do literally EVERYTHING all over again. And even if you had the renown rewards all unlocked you have to re-explore the map entirely again.

It’s fun doing once, maybe twice, but I’m not willing to do it all again on softcore if I have to redo it again for every character or class build I want to try.

I suggest making an option for world map visibility to pass over to other characters on top of skipping the campaign. As well as making it possible to pass over renown unlocks or at least statues(and the renown statues of lilith provide) across softcore/hardcore

I don’t think the renown unlock from side quests, dungeons, and strongholds is a problem but having to redo the renown from every statue and exploring every area on each an every character just makes me not want to make more characters. If just the map visibility, statue bonuses, and the renown provided by both of those crossed over to every character and across softcore/hardcore. I might have still kept playing through the crash death.

P.S. 4 stash tabs is too few as well for making multiple chars/builds. I play PoE and wouldn’t mind buying more stash tabs with real $$ if it just meant having more space for testing and hoarding.

D4 locked up. When I restarted after turning computer off, It said there was no CPU associated with the game.