Quick thougts after class reveal

The new class looks like a fun one. It looks fast no matter what aspect you choose and the aspects they showed us really seemed to alter a lot of the abilities (at least so far) instead of just being basic power mutlipliers like most aspects we have in the game.

From the youtube showcase there was however a few gripes I had. Two questions from the Q&A section asked about how this class related to the druid (animal spirit) and the witch doctor. The developers who answered quickly brushed it off and said something in the lines of “No, doesnt relate at all. Its something NEW”.
I would have loved if the witch doctors of D3 and the druids of D2/D4 related in some king of way. Spiritborne, druids and witch doctor all deal with some kind of spiritual realm. Why not connect it all so it can make more sense.

1 Like

showcase was fine…
but the truth will be when it gets released.
I hope this would be a good alternative to finally leave sorcerer behind

1 Like

Def looks like it has better poison options than Druid at the moment so I am looking forward to it. The different animal tags on skills and being able to classify them as different types looks interesting and the unique helm/weapon both look pretty crazy. I love poison classes and monk/witch doctor were my favorite classes in d3, so I do think this will join my rotation of Rogue/Druid every season.

Yep. They will nerf everything so much. It will look NOTHING like the actual showcase.

I agree that it seemed rushed about her answers from the Q&A but I believe it was all about the rush of time they had to answer plus she did mention at the beginning that she was nervous.

Besides that Witch Doctors and Spiritborn are similar as they both relate to “the Broken Lands” and jungle areas of Sanctuary.
The difference however from what we know so far we have been told is that Spiritborn are highly insular therefore were not revealed till now at D4. This is not the case for Witch Doctors; they are both community leaders as well as wanderers being a channel for the spirits (as said by D3 intro for Witch Doctor) but not the entirity of the the spirit world like that of the totems that Spiritborn can commune to. We are also not told of where the Witch Doctor originated.

Break down of known: Witch Doctors are of the people in death and life but the connection to spirit world is tangible but weaker than that of Spiritborn hence the power over vermin and undead. We know from dialouge from D3 of the Witch Doctor to companions that when communicating with the spirits it is with a known figure with his/her case being sister that passed away but still talks to him/her through the near tangible connection to the spirit world.

Spiritborn are like the pope. Representatives of a higher power with real power behind them. They are also martially trained to defend both the jungle and the spirit world (different to the necro-like Witch Doctor) as they can pass through the veil and with this connection can let the forces of the spirit world be tangible felt in the material world.