Queued for Game - Start Game Pending

Many times its the simple things.

I just prefer to not jump up and bump my head and over react like some people.

Restarting the PC worked for me

1 Like

Same here - pending game
This game is becoming a joke, a bit of a meme…there is already Diablo bad floating around the internet shall we add Diablo broken to that too now
This launch really does remind me of wolcen launch. Lack of polish, tonnes of issues, angry player base and devs who seems incredibly detached from their community - blizzard may as well cease functioning under the blizzard name as there really isnt anything left of blizzard and doesnt it just show

Just tried mine.

It went straight in without a Windows restart, but I did exit the launcher and restarted that first.

So. Should be good. Try exiting the launcher, count to 10, then start it back up. If that fails, then restart your system.

We should be back up.

Been getting this error for the last 7 days. Sometimes it eventually logs in, other times just spins, for over 15 minutes. Sometimes restarting the launcher helps, but other times it does not. Given the amount of crashes, and the delay in logging back in due to the above error, this is very frustrating. What’s even more frustrating is I enjoy playing the game :slight_smile:

I agree an organization as big as Blizzard that was once known for quality games, should resolve the known issues, we’re 5 months in, these should be resolved by now.

This still happens from time to time to me as well.

I either need to leave it at that screen for 5+ minutes, or Cancel, then Start Game again, or restart the game entirely.

Eventually the game loads in, but it’s very very annoying, especially from such a big studio.

It’s that time again. C’mon Blizzard this isn’t a f2p game. No excuse.

Like you said, Nvidia driver updates are completely unrelated and did not cause you to suddenly be in an endless queue. Restarting the pc just gave you a new login handshake that worked this time. OP should remove this as the answer, it’s false information completely unrelated to the issue at hand.

WOW, i notice this post is really old but the problem is still happening today!.. blizzard really never fixed it

Hello Blizzard dev. can you fix the “Queued for game - start game pending…” once for all. that problem as been there for way too long.
This is ridiculous!

But it was a solution, even if it has an RnG element to it.

Not entirely, if it helps someone gets in.

Does it fix the cause? No. Does it get you in? Sometimes.

So its a solution we can try. Its not a solution to the actual issue which unfortunately we may not have any control over. Just saying.

This is still a thing and it’s beyond annoying now.

Seriously no one internal over at Blizzard gets this endless message when logging in? I get it non-stop AND I want to complain about hourly now [but can’t because the damn forums won’t allow making replies on our own threads we started] because it is SO frequent it happens to me. Close game client, close Battlenet, restart Battlenet, restart game client TO FIX IT everytime!

This still happens and someone must fix this immediately.

This company has millions and can’t give their clients quality.
So that players are not in waiting, but play and enjoy themselves.
And buy in-game stuff.
But with this attitude, players will ignore everything from Blizzard, as there is no opportunity to play the game, for which, by the way, paid their money.

Good luck with that. Blizzard won’t even acknowledge that there is a problem

Well, it’s doing it right now so I have nothing else to do but to let them know again! Absurd!

January 22, 2024 -

It happened to me just about 30 minutes ago. It stayed in a loop for almost 5 minutes or so and then l was able to login.

The annoying issue with this is that players who experience this login issue simply need to stay on while it says: Queued for Game start pending etc. until it actually logs you in.

So a little patience is the key it seems, because I waited and I was able to login, and after logging out… soon after I logged back in again to another character and there was no waiting. It seems to happen initially and it is the first time I experienced this in D4. Not something I was expecting since Blizzard has been improving the game, but I guess not enough!

But for anyone experiencing this login issue, a little patience and waiting it out for a few minutes should work. If you are waiting more than 5 minutes. Log out and try again. But this ridiculous login issue should NOT be happening in the game at all!

Hello Blizzard Team! PLEASE get it together and fix these annoying bugs and problems with Diablo IV. We are now in January 2024 - the game launched in June 2023 - this should NOT be happening! You can do better!

PS - Dear Blizzard, I hope D4 Season 3 is better than the past 2 Seasons, because I actually enjoyed Season 2 - it was a lot better, except for the final month with the last minute AoZ event that was an epic fail, which could have been done a lot better.

If you are going to add last minute events during Season game play, Blizzard Team, then either extend the time to 4 months, or make sure the event can be enjoyed by all players who paid for this game, NOT just a select few!

I just hope Season 3 is a lot more fun, and rewarding along with better gear and loot, and less buggy too. The W-A-S-D feature is welcome news, but I hope the Blizzard Team realizes all player XP leveling needs to be boosted a lot more across the board to allow players to hit max level a little faster so everyone can participate in season events and the new Leaderboard, especially if last minute events are added in the game!

As we already know, too much grinding XP in Diablo IV to get to max level is NOT fun, and that repetitive grind gets boring fast! Please note: I don’t mean to boost player XP like in D3 which is ridiculously fast, but definitely more than it is now considering we only have 3 months to enjoy Season game play.

Also, be considerate of players time and make D4 Season 3 and beyond more rewarding and fun for all players to enjoy, as well as improvements in gear and itemization that is badly needed in the game.

On some QoL features needed in D4: It would be very appreciated if you can add a Rebirth feature like D3 has, which is needed in the game big time! No one likes to delete old characters and then re-create and re-name new characters to participate in every new Season of Diablo IV. It’s ridiculous, time consuming and unnecessary. And, Stash space: Make all these extra items stack like Aspects and Sigils - they take up way too much space and it’s not necessary to have them take so much space in our stash. Stacking all items would be a lot better than how it is now. Gear / Loot itemization is definitely needed big time in D4 and I hope this will be added soon! No one expects perfection, but you can do a lot better, Blizzard D4 Team! I said this many times before and made many helpful suggestions that would improve overall game play and experience for all D4 players.

I hope you’re reading this Blizzard Team, because the game still needs a lot of fixes and improvements. Hopefully, these fixes and improvements in Diablo IV will be done sooner than later!

Thank you. - JJ -

Not entirely true. Although this may have worked for you and some others, it doesn’t work every time.

I was waiting for well over 30 minutes and never logged in (to be fair, I wasn’t actually waiting, I just afked and when I sat back down I realized it had been stuck there for over 30 minutes).

I then closed the game, restarted the Battle.net app and launched everything fresh again and it worked without any issues at all. So it would seem that whatever it is that’s going on, everyone’s experience is rather anecdotal and no one thing seems to work.

For anyone wanting to get it solved, I would try the following steps in this order:

1. Check your internet connectivity by simply Googling something. I’d suggest going to their X (Twitter) page and seeing if the devs have posted anything about an issue.

2. Close the game. Close the Battle.net app. Open the app again and then open the game. Launch your character and see if the issue persists.

3. If it’s still not logging your character in, then wait for a little bit on the “Start Game Pending” screen.

4. If you’ve tried everything above and still an issue, contact Blizzard Support and go from there (but I don’t think it will get to that).

Take care, folks.

I appreciate your comment. Thank you for sharing, Wolf. - Cheers! - JJ -

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.