PTR S5 Sorc is in Super Trash State

They had to of done something to nerf all damage from all classes for the PTR. No one is doing near as much damage in the PTR as they do in the season. Season 5 better not have this built in or d4 will be back in the gutter again .

1 Like

Yeah! I complaint about maces many times. OP weapons for a class that doesnā€™t have a guaranteed Overpower mechanic, no Overpower synergy in skill tree and paragon.

But someone said ā€œYou will probably get a nice 3GA mace somehow.ā€
Wow! Is that the best thing about maces upon sorc?

1 Like

yes all odd seasons are from the same dev team. I based on the PTR i know i can skip all odd seasons for the rest of d4.

ps - I already called the s5 to be very bad a month ago and I guess I should have bought a lotto ticket instead of predicting this mess.

Bliz please dont move any of those rotten ā€œoddballā€ season devs to the great ā€œeven stevenā€ season devs team. At least I know I will have fun ever other season

2 Likes

Since sorc has mace lets change it from overpower damage to underpowered damage since that would work for sorc 100% of the time.

This is a sorc weak joke

9 Likes

Barbs have leap, its sorta like teleport only it has absolutely zero cooldown. you know, because barbillions also applies to lack of cooldowns.

4 Likes

idk whatā€™re you guys talking about? need some explain pls: https://youtu.be/j5Pvacq-XN4

1 Like

OK, what Iā€™m reading about the Sorc in PTR is depressing. Iā€™m keeping the forums page open to see if thereā€™s anything worth redeeming the Sorc butā€¦ T_T

3 Likes

Iā€™ve said it before, and Iā€™ll keep saying it: Not another penny will Blizzard get for D4 releases and content until Sorc is FIXED.

Ie, not buying the expansion until this class is where it should be. If thatā€™s never, so be it.

4 Likes

No sorc not trash, it is just mainly played by the whiniest casuals

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised this thread hasnā€™t had one of those guys that thinks he is smarter than everyone else tell you the class is fine yet.

The class is in a horrible state. It really has not been good outside s2 bug build. Itā€™s just been ok. Now itā€™s not even ok.

Whoever is in charge of Sorc balance is flat out bad at their job.

8 Likes

I do think itā€™s worth noting that the in the PTR pit and NMD bosses are super bugged. They spawn with trillions of HP. But if you die, for whatever reason, their HP pool goes back to normal.

This is why I think people believe every class is nerfed but really itā€™s just the bosses are bugged.

That said, the sorc is just in an awful spot. Those caps on the only reliable multiplicative scaling are brutal and no new item even comes close to making up for it.

8 Likes

I actually didnā€™t realize the nmd bosses were bugged too. I knew the pit ones were. I feel a tiny bit better but not much.

Huh, that explains the 5-10 minute fights with bosses in these yet cruise through trash. I figured my single target just sucked that bad :sweat_smile:

Yep, just got off PTR. Deleted it, and will not be returning for S5 at this rate. Took a break S3, and think I will for S5 too and just wait for the expansion to release.

1 Like

I can survive in Pit 101. I just canā€™t kill anything.

What build if you donā€™t mind?

Regardless of the terrible state of Sorc on the PTR, breaking permanent immunity was necessary, and if it is showing the otherwise severe downsides to the class that is good.

One hopes that they will be fast enough to get the class in a working state in time, but itā€™s still good for the class even if they spend (another) season in the dumps.

As a Sorc player, I had to be friends with Barb even though I just wanted to fight alone but couldnā€™t.
Look like Sorc couldnā€™t live without Barbā€¦ :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah I guess Iā€™m not even going to bother spending my remaining plats. Iā€™m just gonna ignore this game once season 4 ends and let those plat rot. No point wasting time on the garbage that is going to be season 5.

Odd season trash, even season good, and the odd season devs probably even think theyā€™re the ā€œnecessary evilā€ that maintains the balance etc., not realizing if they werenā€™t this bad then there wouldnā€™t have been a need to counter-balance their balance in the even seasons.

Who ever created the two teams in their current state is the one that needs to be fired. Thatā€™s the root of all the problems in all the questionable and bad decisions made for Diablo 4.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s one above you. Haha! I think you posted at the same time.

1 Like