PTR Feedback (Warning, Long read, also aware its in the wrong forum but it won't let me post elsewhere)

Unsure why this is the only forum topic I can post on but here is some more feedback:

Definitely need a tempered affix or some way where potions cleanse debuffs and make you immune for a couple seconds afterwards. High endgame pit is essentially becoming Abbotoir of Zir all over again: Barbarian Only with minor sorcerer exception (very specific playstyle/build requirement). With over 30k+ hp, well over capped armors and resistances, things are still one shotting me. Getting stunned or knocked back into a one shot over and over again on a well invested build is unfun. It could be a skill issue but some pit bosses have so much going on screen along with my own spells that I can’t see anything. I can solve damage, resources and healing but no matter how much I add defensively, I keep getting one shot at around 80 pit+. It comes down to if a build can do giga amounts of damage/crowd control or not. Late game Hardcore as things currently are, probably arent going to be fun if even possible unless playing a barbarian.

I welcome the challenge, and its actually challenging for sure, but like some builds can not compete. Best builds seems to be:
Dust Tornado Barb (needs to be powered down. Cant even see the screen with how big and how many dust devils fly out)
Frozen Orb Sorc
Blight Necro (pretty sure this one is bugged)

Hopefully all current uniques in the game get looked at before launch. Unique chest pieces for example, really need %total armor or even Damage Resistance. Damage mitigation is king in the late game as things are doing tons and tons of damage. I really think ancestral uniques should be able to be tempered onto, at least just once to match the 5 total aspects possible. Uniques currently are niche and legendaries are strictly better in all forms for the most part.

Definitely need to speed up the masterwork/tempering animation. Its cool to see the first few times but that feeling is quickly replaced with annoyance. This especially true on back to back masterwork fails. If i can just power through the fails quickly it would help. Also im unsure if the failure rate is bugged but ive been seeing people fail 6-7 times in a row on occassion.

Crafting costs could be tweaked down. Especially on angelbreath for example. Gold costs look like they are ok but perhaps will be an issue when people start trading. Enchanting cost being capped is great but some affixes seem to be really rare. That coupled with the fact that enchanting can roll the exact same affix as one of the two options at a lower value, enchanting eats at gold fast and is kinda frustrating at times.

Tempering is great and really fun. I actually dont mind “bricking” an item but would appreciate one more reroll. An even amount to dedicate split rerolling decisions between the 1st and 2nd tempered affixes would be nice. Also, can rerolling work like enchanting where the previous roll can be kept instead of being forced to take the new affix? That way people can use a left over reroll to try for a better roll without the risk of bricking the item completely.

The new level 200 bosses are easier than high end pit bosses which im not sure if that was intentional. Uber lilith is laughably easy now as well and hopefully she can be updated to be a challenge with this new system where players are much stronger. The hp on the new level 200 bosses is nice but they could use a bit more damage and maybe even have invulnerable phases like beast in the ice at certain hp thesholds. At some point the enemies in the pit stop scaling which i found that they stay at level 199 even at floor 200. Again, not complaining about the game being hard at all. Its nice actually. But hardcore is going to be a nightmare and high level pit bosses do so much damage that no available amount of defence can protect my poor sorc from being one shot.

Definitely need to retune legion events. They are not worth pulling away from helltides/the pit to do. I gained a single Exquisite Blood from an entire Legion event. Just one. Still unclear of where to get prisms to socket gear as well. The pit is just an infinitely more fun NMD. Players dont want to feel like they are forced to do NMD’s for glyph exp and the occasional tempering manual as a chore. These systems need to be looked at. It would be nice if the objectives in NMD’s were an optional experience with bonus rewards if completed instead of being mandatory to progress to the boss room. NMD’s being a way to get 1 legendary OR manual per run depending on level/quality of the nightmare sigil used would also be great. Just some QOL.

Your plan for yellows should be made clear. Are they always going to be useless in the endgame? If there is a plan for them at some point then thats fine and people will just have to keep picking up yellows to salavage them for mats (endgame). I think with the current system, yellows ancestrals could drop with a third affix (randomly) and would be marked as such with an identifier on the ground and in the inventory. This makes them useful but still keeps people from sifting through a ton of yellows because the three affix yellows would be clear marked. Yellows cant roll greater affixes later anyway so in the endgame, youre still not combing through tons of loot anyway since greater affixes are the mainchase so adding this feature doesnt impact what im assuming is diablo 4’s plan for not needing a loot filter.

Loot with Greater affixes definitely need something more to identify them on the ground, in addition, something that marks them clearly while in inventory. Maybe a different color or a star on the item while its on the ground, with that same star marking the item when picked up.

Buffs:
Somethings hit like wet noodles while other things do so much damage that you can’t see the damage numbers through the clutter of explosions.

Some suggestions: tempered affixes/aspects are added that add tags to basic skills to grant them additional scaling. Whirlwind barb could use some love and scale on total attack speed, not just attack speed on the weapon. A tempered affix can be added that gives movement speed while in whirlwind, resource per second while in whirlwind, %chance to cast earthquake per 2 seconds while channeling whirlwind. More love to blood necro, blizzard sorc, rogue arrow storms (why are they capped at 5 but barb dust devils arent capped) and ultimates/basic attack builds. Some of these builds are ok but fall off hard at certain points. Uniques in general definitely need to be reworked and its a cool opportunity to buff/create new builds that pair them.

PTR itself:
-Easier way to aquire resources and boss mats
-100 of each boss mat when level skipping or from a different npc
- more crafting mats (prisms especially)
- ptr venders that give uniques to test builds faster
- console ptr would be nice too.

Final Notes:
All in all, Diablo 4 is fun again, and its the most fun its ever been. Thank you to the team behind the game for caring and putting the effort to do this amazing overhaul. Obviously things can be changed and improved upon but as a base frame, I like the game a lot. I’m not sure if any of my suggestions will be seen by the devs but Ive been a diablo fan since the second one and I want the game be great. I urge you guys to keep the focus being on fun, but also not be afraid to trim down some op builds, to think outside the box when it comes to new skills/skill interactions, and to make bolder/wilder uniques. Build variety is huge and manuals really opened that up. Also, a little more depth in the skill tree would go miles and help with that skill diversity. Thank you again guys