Ps5( Fangs of corruption quest), untamed thicket freezing game

Same problem here, just keeps freezing. Incredibly annoying bug, literally stopping progression in the main quest

1 Like

Having the same issue on PS5 . Just freezes, doesn’t even go into a crash report. But turning off cross play let me in.

1 Like

Same issue Xbox Series X

1 Like

Just got into the thicket after 5+ freezes and restarting my PS4 slim.
I disabled the cross play settings and entered the area from the northwest and it still crashed. Force closed app, tried again but this time when I got to the entrance of the thicket I made a town portal and when I returned to the thicket entrance it finally loaded properly.

2 Likes

This is how I managed to progress through the thicket on PS5:

1. Go to Options → Social
  2. Turn off Cross-Network Play and Cross-Network Communications
  3. Restart the game
  4. Go to the thicket entrance and stand still for a few seconds before trying to enter.
  5. Enjoy
1 Like

Still can’t get in.

Have tried maybe 10 times now, and tried all the combinations above.

Unable to progress campaign…great waste of Ultimate edition !

1 Like

I’m on Xbox One with this issue; so it looks like it is a bug accross all platforms now. I locked up 5 times now trying to progress the main story and enter this zone. Ive troed all the above remedies to no avail, minus the friend inviting into the zone, as I have none with the game. The last attempt I disabled the cross platform play, got to the entrance, and tried the town portal remedy… without trying to enter the cursed thicket, just opening the town portal by its wntrance cause the game to freeze. This is infuriating! Come on Blizzard!!! The game it literally unplayable as this is a REQUIRED quest! I’m so flipping pissed right now.

2 Likes

Same for me, a lot of freezes, tried to open portal in front of the entrance, got freeze then as well

1 Like

Same problem here on PS4.

1 Like

I’ve the same bug on ps5. Tried so many times, different things and still don’t working. I’ve been in this bug since sunday.

2 Likes

i play on PS5 n on world tier 2. i initally started by changing the cross-plat setting. that had no results. after restarting the game, i continued on to changing from tier 2 to tier 1. that did help. i was able to continue the act easily

edit: what worked for me is having cross-plat off and being on world tier 1 to continue

1 Like

Had this issue on PS4.
Nothing helped, apart from a friend joining the party and going inside, and me teleporting on them.

1 Like

No hotfix from blizzard to this? Wow…

2 Likes

I am ps4 i went to difficulty 1 then i took off cross-platform and then restarted the game ran there made a portal then ran all the way there again waited couple minutes then i entered the dungeon and it worked hope that helpes people

1 Like

I couldnt invite my frined on ps4 after i went in but im just glad i finally got in

1 Like

What finally worked for me on PS4:

-Disabled cross-platform
-Entered area from the north west
-Moved as far into the entrance as I could
-Cast Blood Howl and immediately hit X to enter

Finally loaded after about 10–15 crashes.

1 Like

Can see this thread was originally created 9 days ago - just an update to say the bug persists for now.

Came up for me today playing couch co-op on ps5.
Tried disabling cross-play and completing another quest to fix it.

1 Like

Having this issue on PS5 on Sunday, June 11.

Switched off cross console play and communications AND dropped from World Tier II to I and was able to enter dungeon.

1 Like

After about 5 separate crashes (trying different things) this one worked like a charm.

1 Like

Stil doesn’t work. Ps4

1 Like