PS5 Couch Co-Op

So, for couch co-op to work on PS5, both people need to have a copy of the game AND a PSN sub? That seems a little excessive for people living in the same household. Was better on PS4 where only 1 person needed those and both could play.

I don’t think that’s accurate, unless Xbox gamers got a way better deal. My wife and I were able to play together despite her not owning the game or having an Xbox live subscription. She needed her own Xbox account linked to her own bnet account, but she didn’t have to pay for anything to play.

The way Xbox works is as long as there is one account on the system that owns the game or subscription then every other account on the Xbox has access to it as well.

That’s how I keep getting gamepass for 1$ a month, make a new account sign up for the 1$ promo and as long as that account is signed in I can play online on my main account.

Sounds to me like its just another way Cryin Ryan squeezes money out of his Playstation custies. Can only get people to re-purchase the last of us so many times :stuck_out_tongue:

For couch co-op on ps5 1 person need the game, the other person need an account on the playstation the game is installed on and have that account linked to their battlenet account but does not need psn subscription or copy of the game.