Pre ordered VOH but the companion skin doesnt apply to couch co op?

Anyone else here play couch co-op and purchase the expansion? For some reason only the first player is able to get the skin for the pet, the second player doesnt have the option. Is this how it is supposed to be?

2 Likes

Yes. They’re playing on your console, but the character is still tied to their account, which doesn’t have the license for the extra transmogs and such.

Gotcha. That sucks because you would think any character created on that account would have access to all the perks of that account. Thanks.

See, that’s the part that I guess could be confusing for some people

I have a PS5. My PSN account (Dante) logs into the PS store, and buys D4 ultimate bundle with VoH. I now have the pets, armors, portal, mount, etc.

Now, my wife wants to play with me. So she picks up a controller, selects her PSN account (Wife), and hops into the game. Her account does not have access to those cosmetics, because those are only unlocked on (Dante), not (Wife).

Since things are linked to individual accounts, which link back to Battlenet, those perks are persistent. I play on PC, so if I ever log into a PS5 to play, I’ll still have all my cosmetics since they’re tied to my Battlenet account, and even though I’m playing on a PS5, I’m still playing on Blizzard’s servers, essentially just using the PS5 as a PC to access them at that point.

1 Like

Just had the same issue, I play couch co-op too, now I just spent $90 on an expansion and my gf won’t be able to use it, which she plays the game a lot , so now I’ll have to spend another $90 , ridiculous