Please Stop Capping and Nerfing

No, but at least D3 set items really made certain skills and builds shine in different ways.

obviously i wasnt referring to buffing Bash, but just buff other classes to have multiple builds available and more classes available. not just Barb.

People are always contradicting themselves here with the incongruity of arguing both ā€œbut too strongā€ and ā€œjust play your own game and donā€™t care about what other people do.ā€ No one as far is I can tell is being forced to use these overpowered items or builds.

If they donā€™t nerf things and only keep buffing, all we are going to see is 200B damage numbers ā€¦ why do you want that?

Why not just nerf overpowered things and simultaneously balance content to match those nerfs?

2 Likes

Prob right to a degree on this issue wanderer, but unfortunately Blizzard has different ideas moving forward on the topic Iā€™m guessingā€¦

Caps are bad. Diminishing returns would work much better. The current ā€œbalanceā€ for the game that is evolving around capping - is turning D4 into a MMO - not ARPG.

1 Like

coz they arenā€™t doing it. look at leapquakeā€™s rumble is getting a cap but no compensation of buffing that build. They have no idea what they are balancing fgs

Cap is bad, very bad, remove that, in two seasons we will end with all the fun capped and once the fun is cappedā€¦ you know whatā€™s next

1 Like

These hidden caps make no sense at all. How is anyone supposed to know what vuln%/critdmg%/regdmg%/ or other caps there might be without watching streamers at this point as we have no damage/dps tools? Paragon and other buffs are also bugged or donā€™t even work right and they want more money for an expansion pack in just a few months? Totally insane, unrealistic, complete garbage.

Why put so much % on gear or in paragon and then have hidden caps nobody knows about after the fact? Completely untested garbage dumpster fire.

If D3 is any indication of things, buffing then capping and nerfing will be what to expect for the next 10 years.

Their games are always in a state of tuning until the next one comes out.

It is what it is.

I wrote a fomula that auto corrects damage spikes, so instead of things like a quadrillion damage exploding a screen and doing 10 million times more damage than intended it auto corrects to more like 8-12 times bigger.

It is an idea for monster resilience, but the formula could apply to lots of stat lines and be used to remove current caps (armor, crit, etc.) while promoting getting stronger and stronger, just only a little bit (not exponentially) when you reach the top.

That post:

TLDR: Bizzard sets a cap (call it 100 million), if player damage is a little beyond that it tapers it but not by much. A lot beyond the cap and it eats most of the excess.

100 million cap ā†’ 1 quadrillion damage
= tapers to 800 million

(8x vs 10,000,000x times bigger than the cap)

Havenā€™t we already blown past that point?

I have not, I can destroy regular bosses solo, but uber bosses? Best I can do is hopefully move their health bat by a fraction before getting one-shot by their uber buffed mechanics. Literally impossible for me to do solo. So on that front, I am woefully underpowered unless I commit to one of the few optimized meta builds with little to no room to make those builds my own, which most require rare drops from uber bosses to finalize. So those drops are also paywalled behind multiplayer.

So we are nowhere near being able to complete all content solo with most builds at max level ala Diablo 3. On PS4, we are paywalled out of multiplayer so making certain content only achievable via multiplayer, that paywalls solo pnayers out of that end game content, which used to be my finishing point before starting a.new seasonal character. The odd season dev team seems to be really hyper-focused on end game multiplayer for Season 5