Please help me understand the maths to this

I’m trying to hit 6 frames / sec on blade shift but i dont know how much is enough AS on each of the 2 AS buckets.

Can anyone decipher this?

maxroll - attack-speed-mechanics

• ‍Blade Shift roughly follows the formula: (Target Frames/20.12)[1]

These approximations were created by testing Attack Speed breakpoints by increasing AS% by 1.3% or lower, from 0% to roughly 165% AS. Even then, these approximations are not perfect and are between 1-2% AS% off. To ensure as accurate breakpoints as possible, every skill has to be manually extracted by adding small increments of AS%. The approximations above are close to the Expected Required APS formula but slightly off, making it clear that something is affecting the frame timings.

1. 1/(-0.92) ↩︎

You want to reach 6 frames depending on your weapon, are you 2 daggers?

Here is the sheet you need↓

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n0_YA-HE1MvSro5vWBTsMYvtPZPz-nNuftylgHBrQ3o/edit#gid=0
1 Like

can you give me for 2 swords pls

Mathematically, you can’t hit 6 frames, because both buckets have a cap of 100 AS, and even if you reach a 200% AS bonus, your attack speed is not enough to hit 6 frames.(Draggers/Swords/Dragger & Sword)

In this sheet, you can choose the weapons/skills you use, each of which AS on Equip/Aspect/Paragon you have, and modify your value.

Cutthroat Skill with Sword is always slow than Drag due to the basic AS Dragger=1.2, while Sword=1.1.

1 Like

do you happen to have one for Core skills?

This sheet is aslo for Core skills (It can be selected in the sheet, just below the weapon select, drop-down menu)

2 Likes

only basic skills + barrage is coming up though,

can go and explore youtuber “wudijo” 's study. i think got attack frame breakpoints over there.

OK, I found out… There are no subsequent updates for the English version, and the Chinese version has updated Core Skills :sweat_smile: But not google docs, if you can use some kind of “online translation”, here is↓(Someone made it and I can’t forward it to google, I can only give you a copy)

https://docs.qq.com/sheet/DV1FjTlp2WmZOS21p?newPad=1&newPadType=clone&tab=000001
1 Like

no worries, thanks for the help. I’ll see what I can do from here.

You shouldnt need a phd to figure this stuff out. Should be way easier. Another Bliz failure.

problem is more that the system only counts full frames, and it always rounding stuff. Thats why we have this, that sometimes AS does not improve your dmg.

I agree it should be made much more easy. Also there is a lot of :spaghetti: coding with the different skills too. Ava(from Maxroll), who did most of the testing for us and is still doing it for 100reds of hours recently tested all sorc basic skills, all start at 40 frames, but all have different BPs after, so there is even slight variation here as well. And it is a omega pain to test. Takes Hours upon Hours of meticoulous testing. Big thanks to Ava for doing it for us.
And to make it even more weird, Rogue basics dont have that Problem they have the same BPs