Player retention not kept even after your gauntlet launch

Yeah numbers are cyclical anyway

They are, I think S4 numbers will prob be better than S3 numbers, I hope better than S2 numbers, then you would be correct Exiled about S4 bringing back players.

Guantlet was probably too little too late and a lot of people probably had a bad taste in their mouths with AOZ and the community leaderboards going on.

So not surprised guantlets weren’t an amazing revitalizing d4 event.

2 Likes

thats not at all suprising indeed. i mean, it was pretty clear that people who wouldnt be able to score nicely, would just drop it instantly or not even try it. Gauntlet is just a nice addition for the people who do want some form of compeptitive gameplay outside of pvp.

2 Likes

I think D4 is in a steady state now, been feeling that way since season 3 started.

Same points being rehashed, same issues, nothing really new popping up.

The house has settled so to speak.

And if I had 4 more stash tabs, I probably would be a happy camper to be fair.

Sure wish muffin would weigh in on this.

1 Like

I stopped playing because there’s no p[oint to grind after lvl 100 if you have to start all over again next season. All Im doing is trying to get some ubers that has a 1% to get.

That’s why I’m essentially eternal.

They have to find a better way to do seasons

Dang is it really that close?

You lost a lot of time writing a big (facebook like) text which have a complete wrong perception of what´s going on.

https : // activeplayer . io / diablo-4

1 Like

Op has a preconceived notion of the health of the game.

oh, i thought itd take a bit longer. Ill for sure have a look into it. Tho i dont really expect it to keep me engaged.

Me either. Especially with so many other good games coming out this year.

1 Like

The game is bad and will remain bad.

However, I do have a 50-something-year-old friend who absolutely loves the game and has been playing for 3 months and still hasn’t completed the campaign. These people and whales are diablo’s core audience

2 Likes

The Gauntlet is a content aimed at a very small amount of the playerbase, so i dont know why anyone was expecting any player retention coming from it

gauntlet is for bots and no lifestyle

I haven’t logged in for like three weeks or more. The Gauntlet looks bad. Challenge Rifts were possibly the worst thing in Diablo 3. They take that and enhance it. Hard pass.

The is is actually a very good thread and blizzard should take note

gauntlet sucks. not fun and not rewarding.

in the future, the seasonal endgame activity should kinda be announced along with the start of the season instead of halfway through so at least people have an idea what to plan for early on.

like why wouldnt you just say hey the endgame activity (the only new thing to do once you hit max level) totally revolves around speedclearing.

1 Like

Gauntlet is a lot of fun especially with friends. Solo it is meh.

Well not everyone likes to compete and the guantlet is not designed to “gear up”.