Pit Respawn Point

Blizzard, can you PLEASE change the respawn point in Pits when you die on the boss?

It’s completely unacceptable to take 30/60/90 seconds off the timer, then spawn you on the first floor of the map, make you run to the 2nd floor portal, then through the dungeon to the boss portal.

If you insist on not respawning us outside of the boss room, just get rid of the time penalty. As I know you’re not going to do that, please for the love of all that is good in the world, spawn us OUTSIDE THE BOSS ROOM so that we don’t have to waste another minute running back.

Thanks

A frustrated pit player

4 Likes

i think they did a bit to adress that honestly. i feel like it was waaaaaay worse honestly. but yea, it still feels way too off sometimes (even outside of boss scenarios), i agree.

Each time i die in the pit and i have to do the super long run back, i remind myself that i shouldn’t be dying in Diablo and i need to drop down a Pit tier.

1 Like

The work around is this: Once you zone into the Boss zone, don’t enter his room yet! Instead go explore the rest of the place behind you first (small area), that will set the respawn point in the boss zone.

3 Likes

Hey that’s a great tip

Even if that does work. That’s dumb and a huge time waste. And when you clear the trash in 2 minutes and expect to kill the boss in half that, it’s not really something you think about. Then you get 1 shot from out of nowhere and have to spend a minute running back from the start.

I can’t believe it’s still like this. People complained about it in ptr, pretty sure people complained about it after s4 launched, and even after the mid season patch, it still sucks, and it’s not fixed in S5 PTR either.

I know we’re not supposed to die, but until Blizz can fix their balancing and remove 1 shots while fully fortified, barrier’d, healed with 65k+ hp and a TON of DR, they need to fix this.

That goes to a problem with the pit design because you can blast through the monsters easily and then the boss is suddenly a one shot it doesn’t match the difficulty of the rift itself. The pit is really just the boss.

seriously? thats a cool help

I guess you could have spent the 10 seconds doing the workaround and saved 50 seconds. I knows it’s not ideal, and Blizzard can do better, but that’s the best we got for now. Your choice :slight_smile: