Permanently 'Reconnecting to Diablo IV'

Having the same problem. My minimap stops showing icons, can’t use waypoints, can’t even change settings aside from gameplay and sound in the settings menu- everything is grayed out.

Any idea what’s happening here? Was playing fine yesterday.

I am seeing the same phenomenon here. After about 10 minutes of logging in, the message “Reconnecting to Diablo IV” appears and the waypoints become unusable. The event does not progress.

Honestly, it sounds like a network connection dropping or having packet loss.

Pull up your latency in-game. You hit Alt-R twice to do this.

For things to test your connection, visit this thread:

-For everyone having connection issues of various types: UPDATE 8-7-23

Same problems for me too. I am unable to log in to play diablo 4. It keeps saying reconnecting to diablo 4, then log out. It keeps saying network issue. Updated drivers, ipconfig/release. I was able to play yesterday but not today.

Thank God it’s not just me. Must be server issues… Oh well. Check in a couple days bros : (

Sure it is.

But wait? Why is mine working perfectly fine? I just got done playing for an hour, no problems at all. No latency, no disconnections, no stutter, no freezing, nothing. Just solid.

But if the servers were goofing up, wouldn’t I be having issues too? One would think.

Hmmmmm

It is a mind puzzle I guess huh?

Now, joking aside, I get it. Many are having these annoying networking issues. And its probably causing a lot of the issues you all are facing.

But that doesn’t mean the problem is directly under Blizzard’s control. Could it be something they changed that caused this as a result? Absolutely. Is it affecting everyone? Obviously not.

Are they working on it? I hope like hell they are. But then, they are bad about communicating on everything often. I won’t stick up for them there, but at least there has been a bit more communication from the forum mods lately.

I have spent months reading threads, going over posts about these issues. I’m not really any closer to an answer than I was back in June.

The symptoms seem to change a bit here and there, but ultimately, I still think the root cause are some ISP’s de-prioritizing D4’s traffic in certain places. But that’s me, and I have nothing to back that up.

Anyway.

Hang in there I guess. Or not. I will keep tabs as best I can too. Hopefully at some point there will be a solution figured out to help if not eliminate most of these problems.

Ugh.

Game on.

Hello fellow Wanderers !

I have exactly the same issue since beginning of season 2 only. I played using the same config since the very beginning of the game back in June. My network config has not changed since then (ISP, DNS, local network equipment at home, W10 install).

I do not experience any connection issue with other software.

Coincidence could be that just the day 1.2 was deployed, my ISP (in Luxembourg) applied a patch to divert the traffic to some kind of blackhole after seeing some packets travelling toward bnet servers … and after a random amount of time (my experience is that it could be minutes or hours).

I would rather suggest that a few parameters which are unique to our configs make it so the client does not handle well the connection and loses it (requiring a client restart). The frequency of this bug would be relative to this few specific configs parameters appearance and therefore explain why you don’t experience it even though we do and it is still a client / server communication bug.

Just my grain of salt.

i figured out something, i dont know if it will work for you but for me its seem resolve the issue, go to your command prompt, type ipconfig /release and press enter. After, type ipconfig /renew and press enter. Now try to reconnect to your game its it seem to work

Another thing here to try is the /flushdns command.

Go to command prompt.

Put in

ipconfig /flushdns

and hit enter.

tried. didn’t work. started not working thursday and yesterday (friday). and now (saturday) hasn’t worked. it did work the first day the patch was launched.

uhh, way to try to “help” while also being an a55hat that really helps get your point across

2 Likes

Sorry, the negativity is getting tiresome on here and was probably getting to me that post.

I haven’t had these issues. I don’t see these issues. And from multiple ISPs and systems that I can verify it with.

So it can’t all be Blizzard’s fault. However I try to help when and where I can. But for some reason, there are several of you that experience the same or similar issues, but for why? And I can’t seem to replicate any of it.

So, here we are. Anyway.

Just because you haven’t had these issues or replicate those issues means nothing. There are obvious issues, especially so since the 2.0 patch. It makes no sense that ISP’s are dumping packets to battle.net servers, how did you even get to that line of reasoning? A concerted effort of various ISP’s across the world decided to de-prioritize b-net packets? Makes zero sense. I play in Japan, I wasn’t experiencing these issues until the season 2 patch, which leads me to a Blizzard problem, not a Japan ISP problem or a PC config problem… Stop being a Blizzard apologist.

3 Likes

Months of these issues…:

-For everyone having connection issues of various types: UPDATE 8-7-23

I didn’t say it was a concerted effort. I never even implied it.

Its more likely to be something overlooked, and only affected by some ISPs, obviously not all of them. And yes, its a complete theory. Doesn’t mean I’m wrong either.

If you do the math, there has been widespread issues with internet connection reliability since the game launched. BUT its not affecting everyone in every area.

And some weren’t till the Season 1 patch. And some have been since the game launch. And some STILL haven’t had an issue since… Ever…

So what?

That doesn’t mean there isn’t a potential problem along the lines of what I describe.

If you have been following me at all, you would know I’m not. But I am a realist. I put the blame where I think it belongs, and for some things it lands squarely on Blizzard. Others I blame some of the people themselves for their issues. The rest is harder to determine due to the nature of it being so damn random…

Anyway, that’s my view. You might not like it, and might not agree with it. And I could be wrong about traffic problems. But evidence points to something bigger than just Blizzard servers, or just player’s hardware. And it hasn’t really gotten better for many.

Now we have freezing going on, and crashes. Me? None of that. *shrug

But I have explained my setup, detailed my settings, apparently for those having issues it hasn’t helped many of them at all either.

But I do what I can.

Game on.

1 Like

Good Morning Lads,

I don’t feel this post is too negative, it just describes a quite annoying issue that some people experience playing a game - and I speak at least fr myself - I love. I find the storyline, the graphics and the gameplay very enjoyable.

However, this is perfectly natural to try and describe how we are getting “hurt” by this “Reconnecting Diablo IV” issue. And you know what, since this is not very straightforward to pinpoint exactly what’s wrong, then some people have opened different threads surrounding the same cause.

I guess we are not saying that this is a shame, or we have paid too much money for the fun, or anything along these lines. We just say “please, have a look devs”.

And now I am gonna start at least a few dozen game before, for some reason I can almost play normally a game serie I have loved since 1997.

Best regards fellow wanderers.

These are the few things I have tried:

• playing with the network adapter (ifconfig stop / start / flushdns)
  • changing my ISP’s DNS to Google’s
  • following the traceroute with WinMTR

then more drastic measures:

• Stopping entirely W10 firewall
  • Disabling crossplay
  • Reinstalling both the game and the Battle.net client

… not lucky enough it seems

Permanently “Reconnecting to Diablo 4” which leads to “Cannot Progress due to party’s campaign state” (I’m playing single player because my Friends list is no longer showing), which leads to Minimap no longer working to mark off areas during Legion event, which also leads to cannot click on Waypoints on the map and “T” only takes you to the closest city.

Blizzard, I didn’t have any of these issues at Launch or for Season 1. Every patch released has been degrading the game and more people are getting issues with no response from you about this.

I don’t have these issues for Starcraft 2, Diablo 2, Diablo 3, Heroes of the Storm or WoW. Only D4.

1 Like

Every time I Alt Tab to look at a page outside the game I get the “Reconnecting to Diablo 4”. It only seems to happen what I do that.

It wasn’t doing it prior to season 2.

It is still happening to me with latest 1.2.1.46666 version of the client :frowning:

Here is an example of me getting confronted to the issue:
youtu.be/l6P4bHoVcZg