Permanently 'Reconnecting to Diablo IV'

Here is an example of me getting confronted to the issue:
youtu.be/l6P4bHoVcZg

Funny enough, I could not reproduce the issue since yesterday evening (hours after I posted my video). Lets see if this stays that way or if this is pure coincidence.

update: still ok after 1.2.2 update this morning

update2: and the issue is back this morning (10/11/2023) :frowning: I only had 2 days of fun. This is seriously annoying.

The more I experience the issue the more I believe this is due to some of the servers being not in sync or not able to proceed to get our login information. When an app is running on a cluster, with many instances, not all the instances behave exactly the same way. They should … but they don’t always behave the same way. Now lets assume that for some reason, depending on where you live, you have a 50% chance to connect an instance not capable of performing your login correctly when starting a game, then one game out of two on average, you’ll have connection issues.

On top of this this could be how it is handled at Google’s cluster’s provisioning end since from what I see on the traceroute, there is some Google Cloud Services action going on which means also some geographical logic there (meaning that the machine you hit, the route the packet follows depend on where you are located but also on various logic the game choose and the underlying cluster layer decides).

As of right now, I would say I have to restart 5 or 6 times the game to have a stable game with no “Reconnecting to Diablo IV” spinning nightmarish wheel.

On rare occasions I experience a Code 7 issue (Cannot login).

Now from all of this and judging by my experience this could be due to high demand on single services (as in sort of micro services architecture) creating bottlenecks at endpoints serving the login service. Fair supposition is that the game calls to login services quite often if not on every request (which is mostly the case on APIs). Therefore the login service is heavily called while playing this online only game. I reckon they monitor this kind of behaviour real time but peaks could happen without notices sometime.

Hope they find a way to address the issue.

1 Like

When you hit Alt-R twice, what numbers would be bad and what numbers would be good?

The numbers are for the GPU performance not connectivity over the network.

Alt-R when pressed once, brings up the FPS the game is running at. That is the GPU FPS, or Frames per Second.

When pressed again, you get the latency of your connection as you play. And if you press it a third time, it will go away.

Anyway, this second number can be anywhere from 40-4000. But ideally, you want this to be lower than 100, and no higher than 200 for the game to play alright.

Anything above 200 is going to start showing signs, like walking in place, or when picking up something it takes a second to actually pick it up, things like that, or you will warp to a different spot on the map then where you thought you would be while moving. Monsters might stop attacking for a moment, then next thing you know you are low on health.

INTRODUCE OFFLINE MODE if you do not intend to fix your servers. WTF

Just an hour ago it was fine, now it is permanently showing Reconnecting to Diablo IV and I get kicked minutes later. SERIOUSLY.

1 Like

I have the lagging/connection issue since season 2. I tested my eternal account and experienced the same lagging - so it’s not just season 2, but something fishy started around season 2.

I also notice the issue is usually worse from Friday night to weekend. So the load on the server side may have played a role, too.

I tested my Internet speed. When lagging happens, I immediately do a speed test. Several weeks ago, I did see my internet speed dropping to <1Mbps. But the speed is fine (> 20Mbps) recently and I still have lagging issue.

Still don’t know what’s going on.

1 Like

I my case it is worse Friday and Saturday and my speeds tests are coming up and download 90 Mbps, I like them to do a offline option because it is useless right now.

Same for me… logging in… playing for an hour or so… in a party… doing sigils… then reconnecting message… party memebers still have colour… 10 min or so later… party members white icon and no more portraits of them… couple minutes later disconnect…
Always when they are white i need to exit game and join them again.
Only since season 2… getting frustrated now… i even got my isp provider modem replaced… grrrr

Ever since I turned off V Sync and reduced my FPS to 60 and turned off Cross Play I haven’t had the reconnecting to Diablo IV problem. I still get a lost connection though when traveling to waypoints and exiting dungeons but apparently they said that is a result of the game being installed on a HDD not a SSD.

Hello everyone,

I’ve been encountering this issue for over two weeks now. I’ve exhausted every possible solution provided in this thread and online, but nothing seemed to work. Surprisingly, what resolved the problem for me was uninstalling LD Player. I’m unsure about the connection between having a PC emulator installed and the “reconnecting” issue on D4. However, once I uninstalled it, the reconnecting problem was resolved for me. I hope this solution helps others facing a similar issue.

1 Like

I get the Reconnecting to Diablo IV as well ever since the launch of season 2. This happens the first time I run the game and it then crashes to the desktop.

If I launch it again, everything is fine. I’ve made a thread about this as well but not much is being done to remedy it unfortunately it appears.

I highly doubt it is on my end. Everything was fine until the launch of Season 2.

1 Like

hello, can u help me pls, after distributing diablo 4 in the steam, I downloaded and played it, I liked the game and I bought it in the battle net can I transfer the downloaded game data from the steam to the battle net so as not to download the game a second time?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.