People have bad memory

I’ve seen a lot of people claiming that barbarian has always been the strongest class when in reality this is not true. If you search for older patch notes you’ll see that barbs were the most boring and weakest class after the game launched.
Just a few examples: on july 18th they nerfed critical strike and vulnerable damage along with fixing hota and berserk ripping double dip. This was needed at the time but what end up happening was that barb were hit the hardest because of the “4 weapon” thing. Compared to other classes barbarian lost way more.
august 8th they had to buff all basic skills and fury generation because the barbarian was a pain to level up and even in the end game resource management was a hell. At this time they also buffed up some defensive passives and key passives: unconstrained went from 25 to 35% ADDITIVE.
october 17th they made unconstrained multiplicative, you now had a reason to consider using this key passive instead of umbridled rage, at least for a meme build or off meta build

You see, patch after patch they’ve been buffing barbarian because the core design of the class is garbage, you had stuff like umbriled rage which was a 135%(x) multiplier compiting against things like unconstrained that it wasn’t even a multiplicative bonus until the 18th patch.

We can keep going on with the history of the barbarian class balance patch after patch but i just wanted to make a quick statement so people and also for the devs to be more rational and careful with game balance otherwise the story will keep repiting itself over and over again.

3 Likes

How to say you didnt play barb without saying you didnt play barb. Barb has been thr strongest since launch. I believe preseason it was a WW build outpacing every other class.

Shut up. Just, shut up. Your blind hatred of this class is tiring. Go.

2 Likes

it was ghors that was bugged, got quickly nerfed/fixed. I don’t know why people lie like that when you can literally search the old patch notes on maxroll and old threads on this forums.

1 Like

The OP is in the right, Barb had a broken WW & HOTA build at launch which was nerfed to the ground shortly after, season 0.
During that time-frame Necro & Sorc were reigning supreme, absolutely erasing world bosses.

Balance issues has been a thing across the board.

1 Like

Barb was easily the worst class in the game pre-season. Arguably the worst class season 1.
Season 2 was the season where they made Beserking Damage multiplicative (I believe), and Season 3 was when they redid Barb’s paragon board/Legendary nodes. It wasn’t until those changes in particular did Barb really take off.

1 Like