People dont want competition but fun

It seems that Blizzard still doesn’t understand the word fun. Gauntlet is just a kind of inflated ego for players and those who didn’t get ranked will spy on public profiles. What the game lacks are interesting places, interesting items, diversity of items. Back to grim dawn…

29 Likes
8 Likes

i must correct you. people want competiton. check the forums for “leaderboards” or “pvp”.

5 Likes

Like the forums are any reflection of the userbase. Someone used the term “bragging rights” in another thread. Bragging…kewl.

3 Likes

Reading these forums the only fulfillment people had in D2 back then was standing in global chat room with a paladin that had a clean MP, clean Flail and a Shako on so people think they are wearing enigma and hoto.

Why do I know this? I did this when I was 8 years old and felt cool.

1 Like

They can do a better job a making it fun while also keeping it competitive. This first weeks map is a total miss for me. I was hoping for something a bit more wide and sprawling with multiple branching paths. What we got is a tight loop full of pylons that reset the loop.

I give then credit for trying something, but they literally stacked the mobs and bosses in a circle in one part of the map and it’s the best option for stacking up your points fast.

People asked for leaderboards, they asked for endgame content, they asked for fun. Now some wanted all three, others just wanted two of those things, and some just wanted one of those things. You can’t just lump everyone into a “you people” situation and hate on the content that comes out because your personal suggestion wasn’t fulfilled.

LB’s and the gauntlet aren’t my type of content either, but I have no issue with people enjoying it. Would I like more content? Absolutely, but I live in reality, and I know we aren’t getting it for a while. It sucks, but it is what it is. Plenty of other games out there to play while I wait, looks like you found yours.

5 Likes

:100: same…I could care less about competition in my aRPG’s.

4 Likes

It’s fun and competitive for me.

You do not represent all people. I don’t care about them either, but competitive leaderboards have been asked for since launch.

3 Likes

To me casual players represent a group of bad losers. It’s ok to lose in a video game and still have fun.

Speaking of Grim Dawn. I bought that ages ago, played quite a bit, was fun. I hear there are a ton of expansions to it these days. Did they improve the graphics engine?

Interesting take on it, does that mean that more die hard players are sore winners?

Imo being a casual is most of the time just an excuse for being a bad loser.

“I’m a busy dad of 5 kids and I can play only for 1 hour a week and I expect to be the best player in Diablo 4 because I have a lot of money”. That’s their mindset.

For some I will admit this, but not all casual players obviously. You obviously can’t have your cake and eat it too, so to expect blizzard to cater so heavily as to give out participation trophies for little to no effort is just asinine.

People do want it. But also you can just play the mode for fun like i do,and only care about my personal best score for the most part. I like the mode more than leaderboards. I get to fight two bosses together and need to plot routed to try and beat my own PB score, i don’t personally enjoy timed modes, but its fun and optional. Go in do a few runs and do other things.
I would like to see PVE modes like this one that don’t have timers though, that is something i would enjoy. Pve gauntlets without the timer or leaderboards could be cool for people like me.

Alright OP… I’m going to let you into a HUGE secret. I might lose clearance for telling you this but, in the end, it might be worth it…

There are different player types who play Diablo and ARPGs in general

I know, I know… this is AMAZING information.

Snide comments aside… yes, a competitive aspect to Diablo is something that a segment of the player base has been asking for since launch. I don’t have any interest in participating; however, there are people who do and this is something for them. The team also hinted at, apparently, AoZ coming back and that speaks to a different group of people who prefer more of a challenging grind than a speed test.

For me… I’ll compete in other games where I am directly playing against my opponent - such as Magic. For ARPGs, and most games in general, I just prefer to be playing them for fun and doing stuff that I think seems fun. I play D4 due to combat and the IP/Lore. I play LE for the class skill system, and I play D2R for the nostalgia and the fact that I still really like D2’s core gameplay.

All three of these games bring elements I value.

1 Like

WE should have 2 version of this gauntlet.

Fixed - All your skills, gear, paragon, ect are chosen for you in a featured build. This completely evens the playing field.
This is aimed for newer players. Players without ubers. Players that dont want to change their build ect.

Open - Current gauntlet.

Last Epoch makes D4 look like crap and it looks way cooler too. This Gauntlet is for all those streamers that want more money while getting on the leaderboard. Gauntlet is not for casual players and will never be. Since Season 3 started I probably play D4 once a month because thats how boring the game is.

man, D4 twitch viewers count is less than 1k after 3 days of gauntlent. So i must correct you, they made it only for couple D3 fanbois.
Nobody sane was interested in leaderboards from the beginning. Whether or not there is a leaderboard does not make the game good, it’s still the same trash

2 Likes