PC optimization is very bad

There’s nothing to agree or disagree on. It’s a fact.

400 FPS - DLSS enabled, therefore rendering at lower resolution, therefore using less watts, therefore creating less heat

285 FPS - DLSS not enabled, rendered at 150%, using much more RAM and wattage

If you just reduce the FPS cap on both of these situations, you’re still going to be using a significantly more amount of wattage and ram in case #2

Adjusting the settings, particularly the texture settings when struggling to run the game is the way to go.

except when you stop getting like 1000fps in certain areas it saves a ton of heat and lets your card cool down. This is the exact thing that killed cards in NW and if you don’t set a max fps here you can expect some forum posts soon of dead cards.

The engine is capped at 400.

These people are struggling to run the game in the first place. Telling them to reduce max frames when they can’t even hit a cap is not going to help their situation

supposed to be except there is a blue post that the cap isn’t holding lol

It was in the slam 100%

Regardless, nobody complaining that the game is hard to run isn’t hitting those numbers

Here’s proof

https://imgur.com/a/P8erqkG

Try reading the blue post from 6 days ago
"
PezRadar

36 posts

Community Manager

6d

• The team has identified an issue where the Max Foreground FPS and Max Background FPS options are not working on some hardware."

it’s still an issue

I’d guess some AMD cards with drivers not optimized yet / people using outdated drivers. That isn’t a lot of information in the post and it’s not clear what the issue even is

Was capping at 400 with no issues on an NVIDIA card this slam as shown in the image

Either way, you will utilize more resources with higher settings regardless of what you cap the frame rate at.

Most of these people probably just need to reduce the texture pack, as it doesn’t only use a lot of GPU resources, it uses a lot of system RAM as well

https://imgur.com/a/P8erqkG
 https://imgur.com/a/oCxpBXA

Look at the wattage difference in these two differently configured settings. The one with less FPS is using 35% more wattage, which makes sense since it has much higher settings (150% rendering vs DLSS 50% rendering)

If I cap the frames on both, im still going to create more heat and use more resources in the second image. So, simply capping the frame rate without adjusting any other settings between the two wouldn’t necessarily solve a heat or resource problem.

PC optimization is not very bad
Your PC is very bad
lol

1 Like

At least my fans get a nice work out. All three EVGA 3060 ti fans, wee!

1 Like

Cap the frames in your video card settings to your monitors refresh rate, not the games FR cap which they admitted does nothing.

AMD: Adrenalin software; Settings>Graphics> toggle ‘Radeon chill’ and set max FPS variable.

Nvidia: Nvidia control panel; 3D settings>set global ‘Max framerate’ variable or set specifically for D4 in program specific settings.

Haven’t had heating issues on my 1650@1920x1080 on medium-high settings or my 5600XT@2560x1440 set to high settings. Both set to 165 max frames.

This. If your FPS isn’t capped, then your GPU will be utilised for 100%, by definition.

1 Like

So I downloaded the Smaller textures pack the 40ish GB one, not sure if it could be related but mentioning it just in case someone has some observations on this. (tell me please)

I got a completely new laptop i5-12500H RTX 3060 16 GB. While I am not charging I have my temps at 48-50 max. The game runs more than smooth on High setting. The moment I put in the charger temp starts to go crazy, in a few minutes you would get 100+ and eventually restart due to the protective build in mechanism.

In any case, I tried low setting, limited FPS at 60 (just to mention that when I am not charging I can run it at 120 no issues…) same result.

What I am wondering is if when charged this overrides some setting and the high access to power allows the GPU to go crazy.

Another thing I am wondering if the high textures pack can be of some difference. A friend of mine is running it on waaayy older machine but he downloaded the high textures pack and although he is at low settings his temps are ok.

I am probably going to try to switch off the turbo boost as I ve read it could have positive effect, but no way to test it until release.

I am open to suggestions, please help.

Check your “Advance Power Settings.” Laptop are known to limit performance while on battery or in certain company built, restrict performance entirely while plugged in.

Lol, I played every time on High settings at 1080p with my ancient gtx960 (with and without 4K textures) and it played as smooth as butter.

1 Like

I played at the default settings with absolutely zero issues… if your PC is running hot on low settings, there is something probably wrong with your build overall.

People complain about high temps, but always have vsync and fps cap turned off. On low settings, I’d be getting like 600 fps.

Depending on what your Nvidia control panel settings are it’s perfectly fine to leave in-game vsync and FPS cap off. Turn Vsync in Nvidia control panel on, turn G-sync in Nvdia control panel on, and your FPS will automatically cap at your display’s maximum refresh rate and synchronize with your display’s refresh rate.

Something is wrong with your PC’s because I had the opposite experience I tested on 5 family pc’s all worked as follows. All running air cooled systems. I didn’t try above 60 fps cause that was the monitor refresh rates.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G Integrated Graphics: This was the worst experience. 10-40 avg fps lowest settings. Game was on the verge of unplayable. Game may have been playable if there was a 720p setting.

AMD FX8320 (11 year old cpu) + Geforce GTX 680 (11 year old GPU): 1080p Lowest settings. 20-50 avg fps vsync enabled.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800 + AMD RX 570 : 1080p solid 60fps Medium settings vsync enabled. We can see here the RX 570 will run it solid 60fps.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800 + GTX 1660 Super : solid 60 fps 1080P med-high settings vsync enabled

i9 13900K + RTX 4090 : 4k 60fps Ultra settings vsync enabled

As you can clearly see the game is playable even on a 13 year old AMD FX 8320 no overclock, even the AMD 3400G can run it if you slap in a cheap GPU like the RX 570. (the 3400G is twice the CPU power than the 8320.

Possible solutions:
Run some games using MSI Afterburner and figure out where your bottleneck is. Could be antivirus, thermal throttling, uncapped framerate, overvoltage, bad case airflow, fans blowing the wrong way, improper thermal paste application, ect… Cap the framerate in your non-game GPU settings.

its much better than it was but still not good …

it could be the game … there are cases when game is eating 30GB RAM or disabling GPU completely :slight_smile:

but it could also be your pc … my friend had similar problem and when i checked her pc, i just said i am not fixing that and that she should reinstall the windows cuz her pc was mess … she even studie computer science and stuff yet what she did was insane …

funny thing …
before 25-10 fps … 25 rarely, mostly 10
after clean installation, 140fps …

i am also telling her … make a copy of your saved passwords etc … guess what she didnt do :smiley:

I had major over heating and PC crashing issues due to this as well, so this is a real issue unfortunately