PC - "Intel" folder created at every launch of the game

Every time I launch the game a folder named “Intel” is created on the root of my C: drive. Inside of it there are the following subfolders : C:\Intel\iGfx\XeFX and there you can find different folders named “Diablo IV.exe_XXXX”. Every time I start the game a new folder is created. Inside of each of these “Diablo IV.exe_XXXX” folders is an empty file called “Features.csv”.

The weird thing is that I do not even have any hardware related to Intel. My GPU is Nvidia rtx 3090

Does anyone else have this as well? Any idea what it is?

4 Likes

No idea, but I checked and I have this as well. Seems uh, interesting.

I just checked and have this as well, with 57 different “Diablo IV.exe_XXXXX” folders inside.

1 Like

after all the updates, the folder still appears :S

I just found this too. I have 70 folders!!! Each one contains a completely empty file named “Features.csv”. WTH?

1 Like

Yeah, this is annoying, and it doesn’t seem like Blizzard is willing or able to fix this.

I was at least able to stop the proliferation of these folders by removing write permission. I’m still forced to have the “Intel” folder on my C: drive, though, but at least it doesn’t fill up with the stupid subfolders.

I’m getting this issues as well… I even went and disabled anything Intel (wifi/bluetooth… I don’t use either of them) from my devices, still pops up.

For what it’s worth, I’m on a Ryzen CPU with Nvidia GPU… So i have no idea why I’m getting this intel folder…

Another thing, I also see Layers of Fear and Remnant 2 folders in there as well. This makes me think it has something to do with XeSS since all 3 games that keep creating files in that folder support it.

Im seeing this as well and my CPU is AMD and my GPU is Nvidia.

Howdy!

Our team is aware of this, and we have forwarded the issue to Intel for resolution. Note these files can stack up to a lot; they take up very little to no space. Feel free to clear them every now and again until the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I have forbid permissions to create such folder in my filesystem settings. No more Intel folder or files in it, forever.

Noticed this as well. I have 95 folders

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.